coolhandfluke

banned from every ball park ?

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

 Yankees announced that the fan who threw the ball at Verdugo has been banned for life, according to a team spokesman. MLB also doled out a punishment of its own, banning the individual responsible from the league’s other 29 ballparks

 

do you think he really cares?  will every gate attendee at every park be handed his picture before every game ?   sure he cant buy season tickets with his own credit card, but banned ?     can they sign a restraining order against him and hope he doesnt go to another game ? pretty sure they dont check your id when entering the game.

:dismay:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

 Yankees announced that the fan who threw the ball at Verdugo has been banned for life, according to a team spokesman. MLB also doled out a punishment of its own, banning the individual responsible from the league’s other 29 ballparks

 

do you think he really cares?  will every gate attendee at every park be handed his picture before every game ?   sure he cant buy season tickets with his own credit card, but banned ?     can they sign a restraining order against him and hope he doesnt go to another game ? pretty sure they dont check your id when entering the game.

:dismay:

He cannot buy a ticket using his own credentials (credit or debit card, or from his home computer) basically anything that will have his name linked to it. I can't say how diligent they will be about buying at a ticket window, unless are all cashless purchase kiosks. In that case he will not be lucky.

 

What would suck even more would be if a friend (or worse, a boss) gave him one of their season tickets to go to the game. That person could lose their tickets as well for the remainder of the season.  

 

That's right up there on the stupid meter as the clowns that run out onto the field during the game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He can buy a ticket on stub hub and go to the next game. 

There is no way in the world that they are using facial recognition technology to enforce a banned fan.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a fairly new casino in western Mass and my wife met some friends for a post pandemic get together - everyone had to remove their mask upon entering and look at the camera . . . I had to explain to The Blonde when she got home and complained that the camera was actually facial recognition . . . admittedly casinos are more atuned to keeping banned people out (cheaters) - but the technology is there . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, Kml said:

He can buy a ticket on stub hub and go to the next game. 

There is no way in the world that they are using facial recognition technology to enforce a banned fan.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if they are using for all sorts of reasons.  Terrorism.  Criminals.  Why not add a banned fan, its just one more data point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 mins ago, faithless said:

No way in hell they will be able to stop him. All he needs to do is wear sun glasses. He can buy his tickets from 3rd party.

China uses “gait recognition” tech as well. There’s no hiding from big brother. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 mins ago, chumfish said:

China uses “gait recognition” tech as well. There’s no hiding from big brother. 

They got the tech from the Ministry of Silly Walks

 

sillywalks.gif.083f8ebef213bb54be32f5e0cfa9d11f.gif

 

Edited by mark77
bum gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They know he can and probably will sneak into another game, but if he gets caught for so much as peeing on the floor in the men’s room, like Belmo does, he will be felony trespassing, and will be prosecuted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gloucester2 said:

We have a fairly new casino in western Mass and my wife met some friends for a post pandemic get together - everyone had to remove their mask upon entering and look at the camera . . . I had to explain to The Blonde when she got home and complained that the camera was actually facial recognition . . . admittedly casinos are more atuned to keeping banned people out (cheaters) - but the technology is there . . .

They have a huge list with pictures in the security room. Just as many women prostitutes as cheaters.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.