Harf

The new Schtick: ‘The only pandemic is among the un-Vaccinated’…

Rate this topic

601 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

58 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

I'm not a HR professional nor an Employment Practices Attorney.  My lay experience tells me that if you have a disability or other reason protected by the ADA, then an accommodation must be made, or the employer is running afoul of the law and as such subject to discipline.

When you say, "treat you differently," I'm not sure what that means.  If I were to make a guess, you're going down the "can an employer force you to wear a mask if you are not vaccinated and you are not vaccinated because you have a medical reason that prevents you from being vaccinated?" road.  Yes?  Is that it? 

if so, I don't know.  

More along the lines of separate eating areas, distancing, etc.   I was more curious, nothing else.  

Edited by Heron25

2 hours ago, Heron25 said:

If you have a hidden disability (defined by ADA) which medically prevents you from getting a vaccine, can the employer treat you differently because you're not vaccinated?  

I believe it’s similar to the school situation you are facing. Separate them, mask them up, etc…. 
Basically ostracize them

Just now, Markushook said:

I believe it’s similar to the school situation you are facing. Separate them, mask them up, etc…. 
Basically ostracize them

It's all new ground like Brian said- should be interesting to see what ADA issues come out of this and how that intersects with in the interest of public safety.  

12 mins ago, Heron25 said:

More along the lines of separate eating areas, distancing, etc.   I was more curious, nothing else.  

Peanut free tables weren't good enough, so now we ban peanuts from schools.

My company lets us make rules at the local level.  One of the three that i work at/in has mandated that all employees, regardless of vax status, were masks when not at their desk or cube.  I don't follow rules. 

My sister is telling me that her employer, an insurance company, is requiring all employees to be vaxed.  I'm grabbing her resume to get her in one of our offices or in a company that we like.  It's going to be fun watching the deck get shuffled. 

21 hours ago, BrianBM said:

We'll see which of the ten worst-hit states went Red or Blue last time around.

You gotta do better, a state being red or blue doesn't mean anything, show me the cities where it's blowing up, then tell me if they are red or blue :read: 

22 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Please, tell us about the people you know who were strapped down and injected against their will. Better still, get one of them to post here, and tell his or her sad story.

I actually know someone who was forced to take Lithium in HS. It completely screwed her up. Her mother was something out of a Lifetime movie. Very scary stuff. 

18 mins ago, TimS said:

You gotta do better, a state being red or blue doesn't mean anything, show me the cities where it's blowing up, then tell me if they are red or blue :read: 

agreed.

though even then you need to look at specific neighborhoods.

there are enclaves of anti vaxxers in most cities I would imagine, certainly in NYC.

5 mins ago, Mokes said:

I actually know someone who was forced to take Lithium in HS. It completely screwed her up. Her mother was something out of a Lifetime movie. Very scary stuff. 

in general I am anti prescription drug....

too many parents have been giving their kids medications for ADD etc. 

who the hell knows what the long term effects of that stuff are, or what they do to a developing mind.

8 mins ago, Mokes said:

I actually know someone who was forced to take Lithium in HS. It completely screwed her up.

No it didn't 

She was screwed up beforehand unfortunately, hence the need for lithium 

41 mins ago, Mokes said:

Children are necessarily the prisoners of their parents, for better or worse. Reading this, I immediately thought of Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy.