Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain Ahab

Nissan Armada?

29 posts in this topic

Been driving my Nissan for 15 years. If that is not a testament to quality I don’t know what else is.

Manifold was the only item I felt should have been covered by Nissan.

Otherwise, I did not need a warranty for anything. My truck has been out of warranty for 11 years.

Breaks, tires, batteries, exhaust were all l had to change. Even the original break light bulbs lasted 13 years!

All the Auto manufactures have there problems, Toyota Tacoma comes to mind, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Jeep,  did I mention FORD!

My experience with Nissan might not be the norm but I would not hesitate to get another.

With that, next truck might be a GMC Sierra because I have a hook up.

Can’t believe new trucks start at $55,000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LowEnd said:

Been driving my Nissan for 15 years. If that is not a testament to quality I don’t know what else is.

Manifold was the only item I felt should have been covered by Nissan.

Otherwise, I did not need a warranty for anything. My truck has been out of warranty for 11 years.

Breaks, tires, batteries, exhaust were all l had to change. Even the original break light bulbs lasted 13 years!

All the Auto manufactures have there problems, Toyota Tacoma comes to mind, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Jeep,  did I mention FORD!

My experience with Nissan might not be the norm but I would not hesitate to get another.

With that, next truck might be a GMC Sierra because I have a hook up.

Can’t believe new trucks start at $55,000.

Thanks.  I am torn as to what to get.  Might just keep my yukon for a bit and get a daily driver until prices come back to earth lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

Thanks.  I am torn as to what to get.  Might just keep my yukon for a bit and get a daily driver until prices come back to earth lol

Prices come back to earth?   I believe you will be waiting a looooong time so get something reliable and easy to work on.

Edited by Stryper Snyper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 mins ago, Stryper Snyper said:

Prices come back to earth?   I believe you will be waiting a looooong time so get something reliable and easy to work on.

I am looking more at the prices of late model full size suv.  Even at auction a yukon with 20 to 40k miles is going for close to new price.  Used to be about a 50% savings for a nice clean truck 2 to 3 years old.

 

Crazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now is not a great time to buy used with the chip shortage and all.

August is typically a good month to buy new, not sure if that will hold true.

Dealers usually look to clear inventory for the new model year upcoming.

Going shopping in a week or two.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2021 at 7:34 AM, Captain Ahab said:

I will take a look - thanks

The GX  may be too small for you . I have a GX470 there is way more room in my Honda Pilot. If you need the room then the LX470 or newer LX570 may be more suited. Both of those are a luxury version of the Toyota Landcruiser. The GX470 and LX470 have the potential to run/last 500k miles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question is do you really want to roll around on the sand in a 60k suv...........

 

I was gonna get a new one and a beater (pilot)

 

But the beater pilot that used to be 12-14k is no 28...............and there are no cars available.

 

My boss just lucked in to a new 4runner trd pro this afternoon.    Good price to boot.

Threw in a bunch of freebies or items at cost......never would have though he'd be able to come close to getting a deal.  Got great $$ on his trade in too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not yet , hasn’t got bad enough that it bothers me enough , I am almost at 180k now   . When I do , thinking of Doug Thorley headers supposed to give decent power boost not that I think the 4.7 is underpowered but why not..

Did you go oem replacement or aftermarket? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.