Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain Ahab

Nissan Armada?

29 posts in this topic

Been driving my Nissan for 15 years. If that is not a testament to quality I don’t know what else is.

Manifold was the only item I felt should have been covered by Nissan.

Otherwise, I did not need a warranty for anything. My truck has been out of warranty for 11 years.

Breaks, tires, batteries, exhaust were all l had to change. Even the original break light bulbs lasted 13 years!

All the Auto manufactures have there problems, Toyota Tacoma comes to mind, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Jeep,  did I mention FORD!

My experience with Nissan might not be the norm but I would not hesitate to get another.

With that, next truck might be a GMC Sierra because I have a hook up.

Can’t believe new trucks start at $55,000.

2 hours ago, LowEnd said:

Been driving my Nissan for 15 years. If that is not a testament to quality I don’t know what else is.

Manifold was the only item I felt should have been covered by Nissan.

Otherwise, I did not need a warranty for anything. My truck has been out of warranty for 11 years.

Breaks, tires, batteries, exhaust were all l had to change. Even the original break light bulbs lasted 13 years!

All the Auto manufactures have there problems, Toyota Tacoma comes to mind, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Jeep,  did I mention FORD!

My experience with Nissan might not be the norm but I would not hesitate to get another.

With that, next truck might be a GMC Sierra because I have a hook up.

Can’t believe new trucks start at $55,000.

Thanks.  I am torn as to what to get.  Might just keep my yukon for a bit and get a daily driver until prices come back to earth lol

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

Thanks.  I am torn as to what to get.  Might just keep my yukon for a bit and get a daily driver until prices come back to earth lol

Prices come back to earth?   I believe you will be waiting a looooong time so get something reliable and easy to work on.

Edited by Stryper Snyper

19 mins ago, Stryper Snyper said:

Prices come back to earth?   I believe you will be waiting a looooong time so get something reliable and easy to work on.

I am looking more at the prices of late model full size suv.  Even at auction a yukon with 20 to 40k miles is going for close to new price.  Used to be about a 50% savings for a nice clean truck 2 to 3 years old.

Crazy

Now is not a great time to buy used with the chip shortage and all.

August is typically a good month to buy new, not sure if that will hold true.

Dealers usually look to clear inventory for the new model year upcoming.

Going shopping in a week or two.

On 7/22/2021 at 7:34 AM, Captain Ahab said:

I will take a look - thanks

The GX  may be too small for you . I have a GX470 there is way more room in my Honda Pilot. If you need the room then the LX470 or newer LX570 may be more suited. Both of those are a luxury version of the Toyota Landcruiser. The GX470 and LX470 have the potential to run/last 500k miles. 

Question is do you really want to roll around on the sand in a 60k suv...........

I was gonna get a new one and a beater (pilot)

But the beater pilot that used to be 12-14k is no 28...............and there are no cars available.

My boss just lucked in to a new 4runner trd pro this afternoon.    Good price to boot.

Threw in a bunch of freebies or items at cost......never would have though he'd be able to come close to getting a deal.  Got great $$ on his trade in too

Not yet , hasn’t got bad enough that it bothers me enough , I am almost at 180k now   . When I do , thinking of Doug Thorley headers supposed to give decent power boost not that I think the 4.7 is underpowered but why not..

Did you go oem replacement or aftermarket?