ChumSlickJon

Juan's 2021 Adventure

Rate this topic

470 posts in this topic

1 min ago, crazybellringer said:

@ChumSlickJon If I would have known you can poop anywhere, I would have gone with you AND I WOULD HAVE BROUGHT ENOUGH EXTRA SOCKS FOR THE THREE OF US.

:eek:

ok, so we left the grayling place.  Went home.  Ate some food.  

Woke up the next day and drove to a place called the salcha river.  Launched our jet boat and headed up river.  Saw some salmon (I wasn't expecting this) and turned back to go get some heavier gear fully expecting to find dozens of people up river catching them.  There were lots of boat trailers in the parking area and people cruising up on air boats.  

In order for a salmon to get to this place they have to enter the Yukon River and travel 700 miles before entering the Tanana River and traveling another 250 miles before entering the Salcha River.  

We drove up river and it really was up.  It was a ride that puckered your sphincter.  

There was a wall of death.  Giant trees that washed down stream and piled up against one of the banks.  We made it 8.5 miles out before turning back.  We didn't fish much but I really enjoyed this trip.  I'm hoping to hunt there one day.  

Mitchell.  you got any pics of this part of the trip?  

20210711_134939.jpg.9fbbbcb7208fa94266726c2692fe592f.jpg20210711_134956.jpg.e6552c7bff4f32d95dffce01a9986609.jpg

13 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

that guy saved his ass one day after me and my boys from Spain saved his ass. Blew a seal on his tire in the park. 

And you got a pie.  

11 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

@ChumSlickJon If I would have known you can poop anywhere, I would have gone with you.

It's true.  Shorty poops everywhere.  

9 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

:giglesnort:

Shorty don't take chit from no one.  

2 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

ok, so we left the grayling place.  Went home.  Ate some food.  

Woke up the next day and drove to a place called the salcha river.  Launched our jet boat and headed up river.  Saw some salmon (I wasn't expecting this) and turned back to go get some heavier gear fully expecting to find dozens of people up river catching them.  There were lots of boat trailers in the parking area and people cruising up on air boats.  

In order for a salmon to get to this place they have to enter the Yukon River and travel 700 miles before entering the Tanana River and traveling another 250 miles before entering the Salcha River.  

We drove up river and it really was up.  It was a ride that puckered your sphincter.  

There was a wall of death.  Giant trees that washed down stream and piled up against one of the banks.  We made it 8.5 miles out before turning back.  We didn't fish much but I really enjoyed this trip.  I'm hoping to hunt there one day.  

Mitchell.  you got any pics of this part of the trip?  

20210711_134939.jpg.9fbbbcb7208fa94266726c2692fe592f.jpg20210711_134956.jpg.e6552c7bff4f32d95dffce01a9986609.jpg

Hang on. I'm still on day one. More from Clearwater.

20210710_114022.jpg

20210710_114202.jpg

20210710_132925.jpg

20210710_162537.jpg

20210710_224233.jpg

HondaJetOutboard.jpg

Just now, HopHead said:

Why didn't you go when you could combine killing with catching?  :shrug:

Black bear is open all year with a bag limit of three per day

I had to do an introductory trip and see what it's all about before going up there and trying to kill animals.  I might wait until he gets his pilot license.  

Just now, MitchellNJ said:

Black bear is open all year with a bag limit of three per day

So is that part of the story still to come? :laugh: