ChumSlickJon

Juan's 2021 Adventure

Rate this topic

470 posts in this topic

This won't be no tales or lies.  I couldn't hold a candle to SIM's way of telling a story.  But for those of you that asked, I'll attempt a recap.  

There'll be things in here you want to note.  Things you should plan to use if you ever plan such a trip.  

Day 1 - JMB picked up Mitchell and I at around 3am.  John, I can't thank you enough.  

Our plane left on time at 7:30am, dropped off at Seattle at 10am.  Everything about the ride was smooth.  I didn't think to eat anything.  I couldn't sleep.  Anticipation was high.  

Driving over the Rockies was cool.  I saw some bush fires probably somewhere between Montana and Idaho but the view out the window when we got into Washington was amazing.  

None of the photo's any of these pictures show does anything justice compared to when you see it with your own eyes.  

20210709_124052.jpg

I went out west one time. To this day I can’t get over the night sky in Montana. It literally wraps around you. 

14 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Yeah, I'll be right back.  :snr:

i first put up the Zzzz emoji and then changed is thinking it too snarky this early in your storytelling. 

11 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I went out west one time. To this day I can’t get over the night sky in Montana. It literally wraps around you. 

Peyote will do that to you

3 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Snark is your thing though.  :moon:

hey, i fished alaska once only, and it was amazing, so am looking forward to your recap. 

srsly

24 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Our plane left on time at 7:30am, dropped off at Seattle at 10am.  Everything about the ride was smooth. 

You guys go for a BLM rally or just a normal flag burning?

3 mins ago, oax said:

You guys go for a BLM rally or just a normal flag burning?

So we get off the plane in Seattle to wait until boarding the second flight.  What a different scene it was.  The gay announcer calling the flight numbers and peoples names was hysterical.  I laughed out loud a few times at some of the things he said over the loud speaker.  But alas.  My fried brain doesn't remember what they were.  All you need to know is that it was funny.  At around 4:30pm we landed in Fairbanks.  I couldn't wait to get the face diaper off but needed a pic of my with the polar bear that my friend first seen when he was a little kid back in the 1960's, he didn't think it would actually still be there.    Busiest airport in the country.  

20210709_153923.jpg

20210709_145241.jpg