rst3

A New Low: Knife Pulled at MMA

Rate this topic

119 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2021 at 4:14 PM, The Riddler said:

His brother must have been one evil prick. 

from what ive gathered new yorker good dude for the most part little crazy tough upbringing kinda story but all in all a good dude..so had to be something to trigger that type of reaction...and also from the story yes his brother was a prick..chalk it up as just another crazy ditch day..lol

44 mins ago, bob_G said:

My personal observation.   Back in the day, beer drinking on the canal was popular with the bottom fishing crowd.  

Think about it. Guys go to the canal to catch slack tide. Two rods, 5oz sinkers, sand spikes, a cooler to keep the bait fresh. As long as they have ice and spare room in the cooler, why not a few beers?   Throw out both rods, place in spikes,  and crack open a couple cold ones to keep hydrated in the heat and humidity of the July sun (or moon):beers:.  Drinking among the plugging and jigging crowd, not so much.

Makes sense the bait and waiters would sip/guzzle beer to pass the time. I'm guessing here, but perhaps the decline in chunking and shift to mostly plugging and jigging waa one factor in reducing the number of drunks along the canal. 

18 hours ago, bob_G said:

My personal observation.   Back in the day, beer drinking on the canal was popular with the bottom fishing crowd.  

Think about it. Guys go to the canal to catch slack tide. Two rods, 5oz sinkers, sand spikes, a cooler to keep the bait fresh. As long as they have ice and spare room in the cooler, why not a few beers?   Throw out both rods, place in spikes,  and crack open a couple cold ones to keep hydrated in the heat and humidity of the July sun (or moon):beers:.  Drinking among the plugging and jigging crowd, not so much.

Hawg Hunter would put away 3 during one 20 minute slack. :D 

mike.brad.jpg

18 hours ago, bob_G said:

Fishing the Canal I NEVER drank beer same as hunting. When the activity was over that's a different story. Safety ruled bad footing at the Canal and loaded guns not worth a chance! Makes no sense if you have pride in your behavior and the safety of you and others!

19 hours ago, bob_G said:

Oh wow. It's been a while that I heard someone would chunk at slack tide. So you go and pick a time to fish 30 min then leave?

32 mins ago, Ditch Jigger said:

Hawg Hunter would put away 3 during one 20 minute slack. :D 

mike.brad.jpg

Ditch, 

Do you know who was standing with him? Like all the reels. Penn SQ or Newells. I'm quessing Penns.

22 mins ago, foxfai said:

Oh wow. It's been a while that I heard someone would chunk at slack tide. So you go and pick a time to fish 30 min then leave?

Yes, that was pretty much the drill. :beers:

I take my drinking of beers to seriously to mess it up with fishing or working.  I envy the guy that can do his work with a few beers   It seems like every time I pop one open it’s game over. Fishing is the same from shore or boat , no beers for Konesey  but when it’s over , it’s ON ! Just wanted to share that. Continue on

No fish, fishing spot, or anything that they could be arguing about us worth the safety risk to either of them.

“What’s interesting is that when you are younger, you think you understand the meanings of wisdom and stupidity. However, it is not until you get quite a bit older that you truly understand.” (Stay tuned... Working on getting Morgan Freeman to do the voice over for me...)

On 7/19/2021 at 6:19 PM, z-man said:

One of the YouTube comments says the guy that started it was getting in people’s faces for an hour and almost hooked another guy. 

Hmmm.  Its almost as if the video on social media gives the wrong impression as to who the aggressor was.  

Shocking.