ARH1956

Seeking Daiwa Ballistic TNBA40-405G

10 posts in this topic

I have a partially built 35-405B I would sell.  It has an aluminum Alps reel seat installed and shrink wrap grip.  It's just textured grip like X-flock without the X pattern.  You can cut it off if you wanted to install X-flock instead.  It's setup for spinning.  I taped on some guides and did a few test casts otherwise it's new.  Beautiful blank and cast great.  I just have one too many rods therefore willing to sell this for someone to finish and fish.  Reel seat distance is 29.5".  It's a 13'3" rod and I've found this to be a good reel seat distance.  Includes carrying bag.

$300 shipped contiguous USA.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have a Daiwa Hatteras Special Ballistic Surf 40-405G.  I placed reflective tape on tip to see better at night, but you can peel off (a little heat from hair dryer would help if you want to take off).    Excellent shape for it's age.  Just don't use it as much nowadays.  $375 shipped paypal.daiwa1.jpg.a12ae4f329409608e54278b63f5240d7.jpg

60f5ee08adcea_daiwa2.jpg.3a63de38df8d68a990b69049f69d56c9.jpg

On 7/19/2021 at 9:02 PM, ARH1956 said:

Thanks guys. I want a completed rod and the Hatteras Special is heavier than I'm looking for.

The "Hatteras Special" has nothing to do the weight class.  The Maroon Blank were all called "Hatteras Special" and is quite honestly the one to own.  I have two 40-405's and they are perfect for 8oz plus bait.  If you want something a little lighter look at the 33-405 or the 35-405. 

The factory built rods have the reel seat location that is pretty low.  If you can find a blank only, I would go that route and have it built to your body type. 

On 8/2/2021 at 4:15 PM, animalbarrie said:

The "Hatteras Special" has nothing to do the weight class.  The Maroon Blank were all called "Hatteras Special" and is quite honestly the one to own.  I have two 40-405's and they are perfect for 8oz plus bait.  If you want something a little lighter look at the 33-405 or the 35-405. 

The factory built rods have the reel seat location that is pretty low.  If you can find a blank only, I would go that route and have it built to your body type. 

The "Hatteras Special" I was referencing from the post immediately preceding my post that you quoted was heavier 6-15 oz. than I was seeking.

42 mins ago, ARH1956 said:

The "Hatteras Special" I was referencing from the post immediately preceding my post that you quoted was heavier 6-15 oz. than I was seeking.

What are you going to be casting?   They aren’t that heavy, honestly I would never throw more than 8oz with my 6-15oz version.  Blank is very thin too.   

I surf fish in AL or the FL Panhandle where the heaviest I go is a 4 oz. weight and a bait about the size of a mullet head. The largest lead I own are a few 5 oz. that I don't remember ever using, so 8-9 oz. would be my max. This is why I was looking at a 45, although the 35 rated 2-10 might be a better option. 

I have not used any of the Ballistic models and the 6-15 version might be fine. I was seeking a 13'ish rod where I could throw 4-10 ounces, and that broke into sections 6' or shorter.