Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
40shades-of-blue

M1 Garand through CMP?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Really want an M1 Garand. Buying one through CMP seems like the best route. Have to jump through some hoops to be eligible. Stock is minimal right now of course. Anyone ever buy on through them?

They only have field grades at the moment, which have they've been turning around quickly.  My last order for a field grade in mid-May arrived at my doorstep in two weeks.  My order for a service grade on the same slip is still pending.  Such is life with the CMP.  Waiting aside, I have yet to be disappointed.

Posted (edited) · Report post

My son got a "Correct Grade" a few years ago.  Excellent condition.

Fairly straight forward process.

He was a member of a participating club.

And PA doesn't have any additional restrictions.

Edited by Steve_in_PA

I bought a couple in the past, when Orest Michaels was running the warehouse in Anniston AL.  My experience was good, but not up to date and of no good for current reference.  OH

I was checking out gunbroker.  Lots of listings on there.  Most decent quality ones are way more than I would like to spend.  Some guys flipping CMP guns for like $2k+.  All the service grade have been sold out since April.  A lot of requirements they need to order on of these.  Who knows if I would ever get one after doing all this.