jimmy1956

Beard Trimmers - Need Recommendation

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Yes I know I will turn in my man card later today but right now what I need advice on is what is a good all around beard trimmer to buy? And no I’m not trimming any thing else lol. :squid:      Out of necessity I’ve had to grow a beard due to the surgery on my cheek. Thanks.

AFC645D1-C367-4790-A7D3-ABE24CABD258.jpeg

This thing is fantastic. Cuts evenly and cleanly, can rinse it off with water. Best Buy, like $70.00 or so.

20210718_070918.jpg

20210718_070909.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 mins ago, jimmy1956 said:

Yes I know I will turn in my man card later today but right now what I need advice on is what is a good all around beard trimmer to buy? And no I’m not trimming any thing else lol. :squid:      Out of necessity I’ve had to grow a beard due to the surgery on my cheek. Thanks.

AFC645D1-C367-4790-A7D3-ABE24CABD258.jpeg

I've had several Wahls. They eventually crap out.  Picked this up six month's ago and I'm impressed. 

I actually went to go see what else the company made so I could buy it I was so impressed with the quality.   But they only make trimmers. It's solid, good weight, holds a charge for months. You could kill someone with it. 

20210718_071144.jpg

Edited by JaseB

I use Panasonic. Lower end one. It's fine but chunk's looks better than the model I have 

Have given up on on rechargeable ones.  Go corded, any decent one will outlast, and out trim the toys...

I have been using the same one for 20 years, that would not be the case if it were rechargeable.

It's a Conair

Rechargeable Conair for the goat for me. I've tried a zillion. They're all the same imo. My Conair came with a ton of guides, which is nice. 

Oster Finisher.

Best trimmer on the market.

It’s a corded pro grade tool.

You’ll see them in barbershops and salons.

Made in USA.

Replacement blades are readily available.

You can choose the narrow blade model or T-Blade model.

We’ve had/used them both and they both work well.

The T-Blade gives a little extra control around contour areas.

Wifey started cutting our hair at home,  with one of these, decades ago.

We’ve never worn one of them out.

We just gave them to each of our sons as they moved out and passed some others on to family members who needed good trimmers.

As far as I know, every one of the trimmers is still working.

Occasional cleaning and oiling of the blade is all it needs to run for many years.

I wouldn’t even consider another trimmer.

It’s also the same trimmer you’ll find in veterinarian offices and dog grooming salons, so you know it’s gotta be a good product to hold up to that type of use.

Found online easily.

Should cost around $60.

2 hours ago, cmdrzog said:

be sure to leave a tip

images-1.jpg

My barber trims my beard when she cuts my hair. She looks a lot like that, only 30 years younger than me and comes to my house.

I second the corded wahls recommendation. I’ve had mine over 25 years. I haven’t been to a barber since 2001 and I’ve always had facial hair of some sort. I’ve got the heavy metal one you see at the shops. 

37 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

My barber trims my beard when she cuts my hair. She looks a lot like that, only 30 years younger than me and comes to my house.

one lived next door to me 30 years ago.. had a business out of the house... was a great haircut every time