BrianBM

The Trump and Milley thread

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I don't think that the GOP dislikes the military. Not at all. I think that President Trump dislikes the senior officers with whom he has dealt because they have maintained a disciplined independence of mind. Not one of the various Chairs, not one of the various military celebrities with whom he has had to deal, has accepted that their first, their last and their only obligation is to his immediate and personal interests. That oath they take to the Constitution? That really meant to his re-election.

The core of the problem is independence in judgment. That's bad, President Trump wanted and expected a personal loyalty to himself. The only officer who gave it without reservation was General Flynn, who was happy to lead chants of "Lock Her Up! Lock Her Up," who saw no reason why we couldn't have a coup here to keep Trump in office, and so on. (I don't buy the oops-I-misspoke defense he offered later.)

A succession of other people in uniform have been obnoxiously independent. Worse, they sometimes Thought Critical Thoughts about him. Or they spoke well of people he hates, as when Adm. McRaven spoke up in defense of James Clapper. General Kelly did not share Trump's view of his bigly genius. McMaster? Forgeddaboudit. And so it goes.

Comments solicited.

Can't argue with you there...says something that the only one with blind allegiance to Trump seems to be Flynn...the 3 star Q - General. What exactly that says.... I'm not sure I wanna know.

1 hour ago, Gotcow? said:

Trump is gone.

There was no coup.

There was never a threat to our government.

Now they take their orders from Joke Biden.

That's the problem Trump is not gone, just a continuous bad dream

square-1437690801-gettyimages-515831339.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, mitchell master said:

I hope they wake up in a cold sweat.

They may.  Trump isn't gone at all, merely out of office at the moment. He has 2024 to which to look forward. I see no reason why he shouldn't run. His physical endurance is amazing, his base is utterly loyal, and he's a prodigious fundraiser.

If Trump got his way, there's no reason at all why Gitmo should house just Hillary and Obama and Fauci. It's big enough for any number of senior military personnel. What about Mattis, the"world's most overrated general?" Vindman, the one who exposed Trump's blackmail of Ukraine? What about McMaster, who spoke up in favor of Clapper's professionalism and patriotism?

None of these people understood the overwhelming importance of Trump himself, Trump above all  ... Mattis remarked that he got his spurs on the field of battle, whereas Trump got his bone spurs in a doctor's office. If that comment doesn't constitute treason, what does?

Edited by BrianBM

17 mins ago, BrianBM said:

I'll be happy to dismiss Trump from memory as soon as he disappears from politics. Let me know when it happens.

Why should he. Biden’s been at it 47 years. There is big money in politics. Selling American tax dollars aint cheap. 

11 hours ago, BrianBM said:

I'll be happy to dismiss Trump from memory as soon as he disappears from politics. Let me know when it happens.

You'll have to let us know. You watch him more closely than any and have told us you know what he's thinking ad nauseam.... 

1 min ago, J said:

You'll have to let us know. You watch him more closely than any and have told us you know what he's thinking ad nauseam.... 

Brian has a keen eye. He’s told us:

AOC has no control/influence over the Democrats 

Joe Biden is 100% mentally

I trust his insight.