flyangler

CRT/Social Justice Backlash Continues to Grow

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Do you think they thought they could get away with this forever?

Do you think they expected this level of backlash?

Do you think the tide has at least gone slack, if not turned? 

This one is interesting, as they tried to make math "easier" but mathematics is an exacting science, not open to interpretation like literature or even history. You cannot make math "easier" just so those for whom the education system has failed in their early years can feel better about themselves. 

Bridges and buildings stand or fall based on math, not whether the engineer designing them has a strong sense of self-worth and social justice validation. 

California drops new ‘social justice' math curriculum after critics say it would ‘de-mathematize math'

The California Board of Education will not implement its newly proposed mathematics curriculum after critics argued its racial equality components would “de-mathematize math.”

The Mathematics Curriculum Framework is expected to be postponed for 10 months, until May 2022, after a board meeting vote on Wednesday.

“California is on the verge of politicizing K-12 math in a potentially disastrous way. This postponement means the State Board of Education has heard the message loud and clear. STEM leaders don’t want California students left behind by introducing politics into the math curriculum,” said Dr. Williamson M. Evers, a senior fellow at the Independent Institute, in a statement following an open letter he pinned to California’s education and political leaders.

The framework for the controversial curriculum reportedly argues that "mathematics, over the years, has developed in a way that has excluded many students." The different capacities of students have also been set back by several social or political factors.

As a result, the framework argues educators “need to work consciously to counter racialized or gendered ideas about mathematics achievement."

"All students deserve powerful mathematics; we reject ideas of natural gifts and talents," reads another component of the framework arguing for the end of advanced placement courses. "The belief that 'I treat everyone the same' is insufficient: Active efforts in mathematics teaching are required in order to counter the cultural forces that have led to and continue to perpetuate current inequities."

The letter goes on to argue that attention to non-math-related ideals — such as "environmental and social justice," "sociopolitical consciousness," and "problems that result in social inequalities" — would shift instruction away from the actual subject of the course.

“This proposed framework will discourage districts from having advanced classes for gifted students. It’s going to block the rise of talented kids to important roles in society, serving us as engineers, getting rockets in the air, and getting bridges built properly,” Evers argued in the letter.

He added: "For all the rhetoric in this framework about equity, social justice, environmental care, and culturally appropriate pedagogy, there is no realistic hope for a more fair, just, equal and well-stewarded society if our schools uproot long-proven, reliable, and highly effective math methods and instead try to build a mathless Brave New World on a foundation of unsound ideology.”

One of the 467 signees of the letter (as of July 13), who categorized themselves as a “social justice warrior,” similarly argued, "Limiting access to advanced mathematics is not the way to address social inequity.”

The Instructional Quality Commission, which provides revisions of the Mathematics Framework for California Public Schools, met on May 19-20 after reviewing public comments from the first 60-day public comment period. The IQC approved some recommended edits to the draft and will do so again before the curriculum is finalized.

Ann Coulter barely writes anymore, but she did an article recently about CRT, made a great observation.

Women, who generally shepherd the kids through school, have known about this left wing filth for years, and were ambivalent over it.

Then the China virus came and men got locked home, and when MEN saw this **** on the zoomschool, thats when all hell broke loose.

Warning: This story contains images of a sexual nature

Rainbow themed costume helping to teach kids to read, normalizing both the rainbow, sexualization, bare male flesh and the male phallus being exposed to kids, even if a fake. 

Hey kids! Bare-bottomed monkey man with fake penis teaches kids to read

12 Jul, 2021 09:25 PM2 minutes to read

The bizarre costume sparked outrage. Photo / Supplied

The bizarre costume sparked outrage. Photo / Supplied NZ Herald

A UK library has apologised after outraged parents raised objections to a man dressed as a bare-bottomed monkey appeared at an event to promote children's reading.

The performer also sported a fake penis.

After photos of the event appeared online, disgruntled parents were quick to register their disgust.

"This is unbelievable. Have we completely lost our moral compass as a society?" one asked.

"Someone needs to lose their job over this," another added.

Wow. Photo / Supplied

Wow. Photo / Supplied

The event was part of a "Summer Reading Challenge" run by Redbridge Council in East London.

Redbridge Labour councillor Jas Athwal tweeted: "I was appalled by the incident in Redbridge Libraries on Saturday.

"Completely inappropriate and deeply offensive performers were hired by independent contractor Vision who manage Redbridge libraries and leisure centres.

"As soon as I was made aware of the performers, I immediately contacted Vision and the event was stopped.

"I have launched a full and thorough investigation into how these performers were hired by Vision and will put stringent measures in place to ensure something like this can't happen again."

Local MP Wes Streeting also said he was "deeply concerned" and has written a letter to Visions asking how the company thought the costume was appropriate for "family audiences".

^ the person responsible for approving this freakshow should be beaten to death slowly in front of his or her or zhers colleagues.  

9 hours ago, flyangler said:

Rainbow themed costume helping to teach kids to read, normalizing both the rainbow, sexualization, bare male flesh and the male phallus being exposed to kids, even if a fake. 

Hey kids! Bare-bottomed monkey man with fake penis teaches kids to read

12 Jul, 2021 09:25 PM2 minutes to read

The bizarre costume sparked outrage. Photo / Supplied

The bizarre costume sparked outrage. Photo / Supplied NZ Herald

A UK library has apologised after outraged parents raised objections to a man dressed as a bare-bottomed monkey appeared at an event to promote children's reading.

The performer also sported a fake penis.

After photos of the event appeared online, disgruntled parents were quick to register their disgust.

"This is unbelievable. Have we completely lost our moral compass as a society?" one asked.

"Someone needs to lose their job over this," another added.

Wow. Photo / Supplied

Wow. Photo / Supplied

The event was part of a "Summer Reading Challenge" run by Redbridge Council in East London.

Redbridge Labour councillor Jas Athwal tweeted: "I was appalled by the incident in Redbridge Libraries on Saturday.

"Completely inappropriate and deeply offensive performers were hired by independent contractor Vision who manage Redbridge libraries and leisure centres.

"As soon as I was made aware of the performers, I immediately contacted Vision and the event was stopped.

"I have launched a full and thorough investigation into how these performers were hired by Vision and will put stringent measures in place to ensure something like this can't happen again."

Local MP Wes Streeting also said he was "deeply concerned" and has written a letter to Visions asking how the company thought the costume was appropriate for "family audiences".

That’s terrible.

It’s California ...and it’s all c h I t ...what ever a dem touches turns to c h I t ...California is just one big dem blu controlled c h I t house ...this is why there is an exodus from the c h I t house ...when reagon was governor I don’t remember cali being such a BBBBIIIIGGGGG C H I T HOUSE...but in true dem fashion caving to mob rule and appeasements cali is lost ...in what civilized society is it alright to have a bowel movement in a store or openly shoplift whole shelves of merchandise to the point nation wide drug stores closing its establishments due to the animals that it has to let into its stores 

Posted (edited) · Report post

24 mins ago, Surf bomber said:

It’s California ...and it’s all c h I t ...what ever a dem touches turns to c h I t ...California is just one big dem blu controlled c h I t house ...this is why there is an exodus from the c h I t house ...when reagon was governor I don’t remember cali being such a BBBBIIIIGGGGG C H I T HOUSE...but in true dem fashion caving to mob rule and appeasements cali is lost ...in what civilized society is it alright to have a bowel movement in a store or openly shoplift whole shelves of merchandise to the point nation wide drug stores closing its establishments due to the animals that it has to let into its stores 

It’s allegedly the UK you ditz.  

(ETA: The OP was aboutCalifornia. My bad, surf bomber.)

Edited by PlumFishing

Posted (edited) · Report post

Your correct I apologize butt give a little time and California will have the same c h I t ....LOL LOL LOL 

Edited by Surf bomber

1 min ago, Surf bomber said:

Your correct I apologize butt give a little time and California will have the same c h I t ....

You were right about It being California. 

18 hours ago, flyangler said:

The California Board of Education will not implement its newly proposed mathematics curriculum after critics argued its racial equality components would “de-mathematize math.”

Jamal has 10 9mm rounds for his gun.

Jamal fires five rounds at his rival gang hood homies.

How many 9mm rounds does Jamal have left?

I don't see the problem.     :D

5 hours ago, Shipwreck said:

They seem to do really well with measurements containing, quarters, grams, ounces, and eigth's.  

DO they really though?   I actually wondered that aloud once... didnt go over well.  

How bad must the polling be on the idea of CRT in school for this to happen? Who would have thought Biden’s Ed dept would actually listen to the criticism of people and change course because of it. The polling on this, particularly as it relates to the 2022 election, must be pretty bad.

Or, someone smart must have seen the coming court challenges and extrapolated what happens if this gets to a higher court with a ruling unfavorable to the progressives' best interests. 

No matter, this is a huge victory for the American people who don’t want the federal government mandating curriculum via federal grants.

And it is a huge back peddle for the progressives who thought they could lord over the normies. 

Cardona retreats from making critical race theory part of new school grants

Washington Times

Education Secretary Miguel Cardona on Friday backed off from his proposal to create a new grant that was seen as encouraging the teaching of critical race theory and the “1619 Project.”

Mr. Cardona’s decision came after the department received more than 35,000 comments on the proposed grants, with most of the comments objecting to grants to promote teaching U.S. history through the prism of race and highlighting the impact of slavery.

In a blog post, Mr. Cardona announced that the department would go forward with the creation of the new federal grants but the grants would not require classwork based on critical race theory or the “1619 Project.”

Rep. Virginia Foxx of North Carolina, the top Republican on the Education Committee, said the thousands of protests had persuaded Mr. Cardona to change course.

“Let me be clear: the Department of Education changed its approach to grant funding because parents, students, and Republican leaders stood up in defense of our nation’s history and legacy,” she said in a statement.

“While I am doubtful that Secretary Cardona plans to abandon the administration’s crusade to push Critical Race Theory in our public schools, I applaud the move not to give overt preferential treatment to federal grant applicants seeking to advance anti-American agendas,” she said.

On 7/18/2021 at 6:57 AM, Gotcow? said:

Jamal has 10 9mm rounds for his gun.

Jamal fires five rounds at his rival gang hood homies.

How many 9mm rounds does Jamal have left?

I don't see the problem.     :D

if there were less than five rivals, he wasted ammo,