flyangler

A question for all in the PG and beyond

Rate this topic

136 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

If Jan 6th was an "insurrection" that nearly "toppled" the US government, then why haven't any of the hundreds arrested been charged specifically with creating or participating an insurrection? No treason either? 

At best, you have some form of "interrupting the operation of the government" or something like that.

But no charges with attempting to overthrow the government. 

For that matter, I am not even sure there are any conspiracy charges being leveled. [ETA: Two have confessed to a conspiracy charge related to trying to disrupt government function, not treasonous insurrection]

So what’s up with claims of an "insurrection" where no one is charged with such?

Edited by flyangler

Government activity was dead stopped by the Chopsters.  Territory held by armed people.  No rule of law.

And that STILL appearently wasn't an "insurrection."

Democrats believe the big lie. Suckers. Biggest threat to democracy since the civil war, LOL. They believe everything their dear leader says, it's like a cult. Tearing down treasonous statues and replacing them with the likes of geo floyd, and ignoring inner city black on black crime is the answer. 

Weird.

Edited by 2sammich

Even Trump, the dems appointed leader of the cult and head instigator of the "violent insurrection" has not been charged.

Impeached,

Cult,

Christo Fascists

:laugh:

Is Trump in jail yet?

:hypocrite:            :point:

FBI Director Sheepishly Admits January 6 Was Not an Insurrection

Eric-Swalwell-at-hearing-e1623685447147.

Whoops! Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA), the only Member of Congress that we know of who has been dumb enough to have sex with an obvious Chinese honeypot spy, probably shouldn’t have asked FBI Director Christopher Wray if January 6 was a real insurrection. But he did!

Swalwell asked Wray the question in a committee hearing on Thursday, which forced the FBI Director to finally tell the truth: No, the January 6th protests were not an “insurrection” under any legal definition of the word. If Wray had claimed it was an insurrection, he’d have been perjuring himself under oath. (Spoiler alert: Eric Swalwell is not a very smart attorney.)

Other than that stunning admission, the rest of FBI Director Wray’s testimony was either evasive or noncommittal when it came to talking about the mostly peaceful protests of January 6th. Wray is still insisting that many of the protesters were “armed,” and told Congress that “more significant charges” are coming in the near future for more protesters.

While keeping a straight face, Wray described some of the “weapons” that were carried into the US Capitol by Trump supporters:

Kevlar (not a weapon), tactical vests (not a weapon), and bear spray (technically a defensive tool that no criminal in human history has ever used to carry out a crime).

Recognizing that as a BS answer as to whether the Trump supporters were armed, Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX), who is not an idiot like Rep. Eric Swalwell, asked Wray, “Firearms? Anybody bring firearms?”

This forced Christopher Wray to deliver an answer that can only be described as technically not a straight-up lie, but definitely bureaucratic nonsense-speak:

“I can think of at least one instance where there was an individual with a gun inside the Capitol, but for the most part, the weapons were weapons other than firearms.”

We know from all of the unsealed indictments that there were only three people arrested in DC on January 6th on firearms charges. One was a person who showed up near the US Capitol several hours after the protests were over. It’s unclear whether this person was a Trump supporter at all, or just a guy who picked a really bad time to go for a walk near the Capitol while carrying a concealed weapon.

Another was a Trump supporter who had a gun locked inside his vehicle several blocks away from the Capitol.

He left his gun in his truck while he went to the Capitol, and a nosy DC cop spotted it as he was walking by. The police then waited and arrested the unarmed Trump supporter on a gun charge when he came back to his truck.

So yes, technically, he was “in the Capitol.” And yes, he “had a gun” (locked in his vehicle several blocks away from the protests). But he did not have his gun “inside the Capitol,” as the charges against him patiently explain.

A third individual, a man from Maryland, was caught carrying a concealed firearm “on Capitol grounds” on January 6th. But that guy is not accused of actually entering the Capitol building.

Out of the three gun arrests on January 6th, none of the cases involved a gun actually being carried inside the US Capitol. Some insurrection!

But then the hearing got really exciting. Jim Jordan jumped up on a desk, pulled out a pair of six guns and started firing shots into the ceiling like Yosemite Sam while shouting, “Let my people goooooo!” Thomas Massie ripped off his jacket to reveal a suicide vest as he grabbed Christopher Wray in a headlock. Resistance leader Kevin McCarthy then strode into the hearing chamber and began reading a list of demands, starting with the release of all the Trump supporters being tortured in solitary confinement in the DC jail.

Oh, wait. No, that didn’t happen. Most of the GOP Members just sat there like lumps while waiting their turn to ask lukewarm questions that sort of played down the January 6 events a little bit. None of them grilled Wray about the Trump supporters who are currently being forced to wipe their butts with their fingers, because the Department of Justice is denying them toilet paper and other amenities.

The hearing was mostly a bust, with no fireworks from any of the Republicans. But at least Eric Swalwell managed to undermine the Democrats’ cause, by getting the FBI Director to finally admit that it wasn’t an insurrection.

The gov cant get more authority to spy on American citizens because of trespassing.

They need insurrectionist on that wall.

The event itself does not matter, what matters is how they can leverage it. Like September 11th and the C19 Lockdowns this will be used to expand government powers and oversight over the common man, further fund the police state and to legitimize and normalize the continued deployment of DHS and DOD personnel on US soil.

Edited by Sandbar1

7 hours ago, flyangler said:

If Jan 6th was an "insurrection' that nearly toppled the US government, 

Is anyone saying that?

most of your threads are predicated on dishonest premises. 

2 hours ago, 2sammich said:

replacing them with the likes of geo floyd,

Well, god told them what he thinks of that with his recent lightning strike

1 hour ago, fish'nmagician said:

Is anyone saying that?

Well, first, you have used the term "coup" here dozens of times so you believed it was an attempt to topple the US government. DOZENS OF TIMES. 

I could stop there, but there are dozens of others out there from prominent Democrats to TV pundits to former diplomats. I will go with one of those last ones, your girlfriend from Ukraine-gate, Fiona Hill, writing in Politico on January 11th:

Opinion | Yes, It Was a Coup Attempt. Here’s Why.

What Trump tried is called a “self-coup,” and he did it in slow motion and in plain sight.

Since last Wednesday, people have been arguing what to call what happened at the U.S. Capitol — was it a riot? An uprising? An insurrection? I’ve been public in calling it a coup, but others disagree. Some have said it’s not a coup because the U.S. military and other armed groups weren’t involved, and some because Donald Trump didn’t invoke his presidential powers in support of the mob that broke into the Capitol. Others point out that no one has claimed or proved there was a secret plan directed by the president, and that Trump’s efforts to overturn the outcome of the 2020 presidential election could never have succeeded in the first place.

These observations are based on the idea that a coup is a sudden, violent seizure of power involving clandestine plots and military takeovers. By contrast, Trump’s goal was to keep himself in power, and his actions were taken over a period of months and in slow motion.

But that doesn’t mean it wasn’t a coup attempt. Trump disguised what he was doing by operating in plain sight, talking openly about his intent. He normalized his actions so people would accept them. I’ve been studying authoritarian regimes for three decades, and I know the signs of a coup when I see them.

Technically, what Trump attempted is what’s known as a “self-coup” and Trump isn’t the first leader to try it. Charles Louis Napoleon Bonaparte (nephew of the first Napoleon) pulled one off in France in December 1851 to stay in power beyond his term. Then he declared himself Emperor, Napoleon III. More recently, Nicolas Maduro perpetrated a self-coup in Venezuela after losing the 2017 elections.....

3 mins ago, flyangler said:

Well, first, you have used the term "coup" here dozens of times so you believed it was an attempt to topple the US government. DOZENS OF TIMES. 

Coup, lol. The violent and illegal seizure of power from government.

I say majicman used the word coup hundreds of times. He likes "violent insurrection" to.

1 hour ago, fish'nmagician said:

Is anyone saying that?

Coup, coup, you've said it so many times, I remember months ago saying you sound like a ****ing morning dove. Coup, Coup... lol. You are more full of crap than anyone on here.

9 hours ago, flyangler said:

For that matter, I am not even sure there are any conspiracy charges being leveled

2 guilty pleas to conspiracy so I’m going to have to say yes, there are conspiracy charges 

3 mins ago, JimW said:

2 guilty pleas to conspiracy so I’m going to have to say yes, there are conspiracy charges 

can you cite those so I can read the charge and the admission in detail please? 

20 mins ago, flyangler said:

Yes about trumps attempts to overturn the results of the election he lost. 
you are so dishonest.