flyangler

Why progressive women want to date men who act like conservatives

Rate this topic

160 posts in this topic

Two related stories here, one from a woman writer at the NYPost talking about how progressive women respond more romantically to conservative men than progressive males. Seems their inner cave woman still determines to whom they are attracted. The last line is interesting, the writer's progressive male friend who has trouble finding love is "going to start dating like a conservative and hopefully find his ideal progressive wife soon."

Get that, he's going to act like a conservative male to trick a progressive woman into love and marriage. Seems Mark does not understand the point of the second article, that women are wired to tell much about a man just by looking at his facial features. That likely means Mark might not even pass the look-test, since you cannot change your facial features as easily as you can act chivalrous and pay for dinners. Unless he starts dosing himself with testosterone that is. 

"A 2018 study from Iowa State University backs this up, reporting that progressive women prefer men who demonstrate more traditional dating behaviors. The women found these men to be “more attractive” because they signal a willingness “to invest by being protective, committed, and by providing resources.”

Why progressive women want to date men who act like conservatives

[...]

I told Mark that, despite his best intentions, his egalitarian dating style could be the problem that’s holding him back. While some women balk at any hint of traditional male gender behavior, more lament the loss of chivalry. I’m one of them. I find it attractive when a man plans our first few dates and knowingly walks curbside when we’re together. It signals he wants to protect me from passing traffic or errant puddle splashes.

“When I was a kid, my mom told me to always walk curbside, but I assumed my generation of women would think it’s too old-fashioned,” Mark told me. “Now, I’m really confused.”

The female desire to feel protected and looked after is built into our DNA, says evolutionary psychologist Geoffrey Miller, a professor at the University of New Mexico and author of several books including “The Mating Mind.”

“It’s a mismatch between what progressive women say they want and what they actually respond to,” Miller told me. “Women’s instinctive mate preferences have evolved for hundreds of thousands of years for guys who are competent, strong, good providers, good protectors and happy with a sexual division of labor,” he added. Women want “decisive men who are also compassionate and thoughtful.”

A 2018 study from Iowa State University backs this up, reporting that progressive women prefer men who demonstrate more traditional dating behaviors. The women found these men to be “more attractive” because they signal a willingness “to invest by being protective, committed, and by providing resources.”

Gwen Stefani, presumably, has No Doubt of these findings. On July 3, the pop star, who was raised in blue-state California, wed Country & Western star Blake Shelton, a native of red-state Oklahoma who is pro-gun — and a famous gentleman. Shelton even asked Stefani’s father for his blessing before proposing in the Catholic wedding chapel he built for his bride....

Kari’s preference for conservative men comes as no surprise to professor Miller. “This is a time-tested set of behaviors, strategies and cultural norms that have lasted for centuries because they help find and keep good mates,” he said. “And everybody knows this. Women in their hearts know this. And men don’t take them at their word.”

Now my friend Mark is planning to stop making the same mistakes. He told me he’s going to start dating like a conservative — and hopefully find his ideal progressive wife soon.

No word in the Post article about whether Mark is planning to cut off his manbun, trade in his messenger bag for a backpack or substitute black coffee for his triple macchiato three pump almond milk crap drink. 

Study finds women can predict a man's attitude toward casual sexual relationships based on his face

https://phys.org/news/2021-07-women-attitude-casual-sexual-relationships.html

“They found that the women were able to accurately match the sociosexuality of the males in the pictures to their scores on the questionnaires they had taken. They were able to tell if a man was looking for casual sex rather than a long-term relationship, just by looking at his face. For the men, it was a different story. While most of them thought they would be able to tell, they actually did no better than if had they chosen randomly. The researchers found patterns in the pictures of the men—those who were more open to a casual sexual relationship had wider spaces between their eyes and broader faces in general, along with wider noses, stronger jawlines and thinner lips—traits, the researchers note, that have been attributed to males with higher levels of testosterone.”

1 min ago, dena said:

In other words, women are flighty, and don't know what they want.

i don't know about that. the summary of the two combined articles is that progressive women want conservative men and that women are drawn to men with more testosterone. which means, if you are known to wear a ***** hat and ring a bell and wear a sign that says "not on my watch", odds are pretty good you had better be very rich. 

1 min ago, flyangler said:

i don't know about that. the summary of the two combined articles is that progressive women want conservative men and that women are drawn to men with more testosterone. which means, if you are known to wear a ***** hat and ring a bell and wear a sign that says "not on my watch", odds are pretty good you had better be very rich. 

Sure the women are flighty.

They say they want to be treated as equals, but when they are, they find it isn't so much fun, and revert back to the damsel in distress mode, wanting that testosterone fueled man to come and save them. 

5 hours ago, flyangler said:

Jet Blue Stewardess (real pic, this is a democrat cross dresser).  Hiw do they stand a chance?

trans-flight-attendant.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, Little said:

Jet Blue Stewardess (real pic, this is a democrat cross dresser).  Hiw do they stand a chance?

trans-flight-attendant.jpg

That photo makes me want to give up my Mosaic status. 

Edited by flyangler

1 min ago, fishinambition said:

I cant tell if the beard or dress is supposed to be ironic

#jetbluetoo have no iron uniforms so their people can be woke early.

They can smell the low T levels and subconsciously look away knowing the low sperm count, lack of musculature and aggressiveness would be detrimental to the survivability of their offspring if these soy bois could manage impregnation. .