Shore Fluke - Proven Method

Rate this topic

buddha162

On 5/6/2024 at 3:24 PM, coldclam said:

I have the wep Jr 7'10 and absolutely love it for the "buddha" method.  I feel it does the job well and also has the backbone to throw plugs at blues/bass making it a more versatile setup. 

I agree with this. I do own a dailuna s86ml and it’s great, but when I have a short session on the beach this time of year, I want to be ready for bass, blues or fluke. This is why I ordered a s96m moonshot.  

Edited by sinfish
added info

On 4/28/2024 at 6:30 PM, buddha162 said:

It's a great rod but if you can swing it the 76MLM is better. 

I came across a 76MLMFS for $135 shipped. I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket now. 

I'd share the source but it was a glitch on their part. A search turned up the discounted price. When I put it in my cart, the price changed to 169. I wrote to the seller and they honored the price. 

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

28 mins ago, Mike said:

I came across a 76MLMFS for $135 shipped. I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket now. 

I'd share the source but it was a glitch on their part. A search turned up the discounted price. When I put it in my cart, the price changed to 169. I wrote to the seller and they honored the price. 

Nice - that's a score.

1 hour ago, vinnyb said:

Nice - that's a score.

I had the opposite happen to me.  I ordered the Dialuna S96M on their site for $207.  After a week they canceled the order because they ran out of stock.  One day later its listed up for sale again at $229.  

Edited by sinfish

@buddha162  I know you like the Vanquish paired with the STAGS761MMLFS.  Specifically do you use the C3000MHG  or the 3000MHG model?  Im guessing the slight difference between the two is the C is compace so its a tiny bit smaller body and a tiny bit (.5 oz) lighter?  Any thoughts on this? They both have the same braid capacity and drag so I usually go for lightest model, but it seems like you are using the non "C" version.  Apprecaite any feedback.  JDM models are usually precise but this is the most narrow difference I have seen in a model before.

5 hours ago, Sherpah said:

@buddha162  I know you like the Vanquish paired with the STAGS761MMLFS.  Specifically do you use the C3000MHG  or the 3000MHG model?  Im guessing the slight difference between the two is the C is compace so its a tiny bit smaller body and a tiny bit (.5 oz) lighter?  Any thoughts on this? They both have the same braid capacity and drag so I usually go for lightest model, but it seems like you are using the non "C" version.  Apprecaite any feedback.  JDM models are usually precise but this is the most narrow difference I have seen in a model before.

For the Vanquish I went with the 3000MHG. The difference is actually substantial - it's a 4k body/gearing with a shallow 3k spool/rotor assembly, so it fits well on both the 9ft Labrax and other JDM suzuki rods, but has the appropriate size arbor for shorter freshwater rod guide trains like the Steez AGS. Probably the most versatile size Shimano makes...and like the Vanquish itself, unavailable in the US market. 

Nice vid as usual.  I was using the hammered nickel blade last year, but in a smaller size.  I see you're selling these on your site, but any chance you could post the list of components you used for these? Thanks!

3 hours ago, vinnyb said:

I see you're selling these on your site, but any chance you could post the list of components you used for these? Thanks!

I'm not the best capitalist in the world but...is that a serious question? lol

On 5/8/2024 at 3:51 PM, sinfish said:

I had the opposite happen to me.  I ordered the Dialuna S96M on their site for $207.  After a week they canceled the order because they ran out of stock.  One day later its listed up for sale again at $229.  

What site? Glitch or not, im curious where you are finding this tackle even in stock

5 hours ago, buddha162 said:

I'm not the best capitalist in the world but...is that a serious question? lol

I guess that’s a no - no worries man. 

4 hours ago, BG_NJ said:

Bro can you post your SS#?

Relax bro - it’s just a bunch of components assembled together. It’s not like I’m asking for some proprietary manufacturing secrets. Buddha’s shared just about everything regarding gear & tackle in the past - I’m sure he’s not gonna retire on spinner blade sales ;-). 

14 hours ago, Sherpah said:

What site? Glitch or not, im curious where you are finding this tackle even in stock

North One.  They told me that they are having IT problems.  Fair enough.  I did order a moonshot s96m.

It's a little less money than the Dialuna at $175.  This rod still has the x wrap on the rod.  I got this, not to replace the Dialuna s86ml, but to use this when other things are in the mix.