BrianBM

A Proposal for Improving the Yankees

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

The last time I looked, the Yankees were nine games behind the Red Sox.

I have an idea.

The Roman Army, in the late days of the Republic and intermittently in the years of the Empire, had a disciplinary practice called "decimation."  A unit that ran away or effed up big time would drwa lots. If you drew the unlucky tenth lot, your colleagues were required to beat you to death. With clubs.

Given the Yankee payroll, we need to introduce this as a standard practice. Having a group of players test positive for C-19 is at least partly bad luck. A couple of the players aren't vaccinated, and they should be given the hponorable choice of returning this years' salary or (their choice) being hung for stupidity, their slow-drying corpses being suspended from outfield lighting fixtures.  But, quite apart from that, the Yankees, sick or healthy, need to beaten with clubs now and then. Why not decimation?

Your thoughts?

No union card.

To the extent I follow team sports at all, I root for the home team. I think we all should. I suspect that the reason that the Almighty fried Sodom and Gomorrah has to do with their failure to do so. Did the citizens of Sodom, instead of supporting the Sodom Cyclones, root for the Jericho Jumpers?  Did the citizens of Gomorrah abandon their home team (the Gomorrah Gorillas) in favor the Tyreian Terrors? If so, they deserve what they got.

Every time I look at the sports pages, Judge is out with an injury, or Stanton is, or ... something. For the money they make? Are you kidding me?

Decimation is the only appropriate remedy.

If i were the yanks, I'd spend a lot more money on payroll, overpay some of the guys, I'm mean c'mon they need to support their own families

It’s the sadness of NY Yankees fan followings , spoiled little bitches that they are . NJ don’t have that problem the Jersey Jets fans will die and never to see a championship parade in Newark and ownership loves it .  

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2021 at 5:18 PM, BrianBM said:

Your thoughts?

If they are really that bad perhaps Yankee fans should boycott their remaining games.

Can't win every year.  I've been a Yankees fan for about 40 years.  In that time, they've produced 5 Championships.

Who's done better?

(I was 9/10 in 77/78, but not paying attention, so I didn't include those 2 years)

Posted (edited) · Report post

46 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Can't win every year.  I've been a Yankees fan for about 40 years.  In that time, they've produced 5 Championships.

Who's done better?

(I was 9/10 in 77/78, but not paying attention, so I didn't include those 2 years

Edited by Hook I
Spelling

47 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Who's done better?

(I was 9/10 in 77/78, but not paying attention, so I didn't include those 2 years)

Those 70’s years weren’t that terrible they just could not play together most of them 

12 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

Who's done better?

I have been a fan before I can remember , I was born in 47, during the 50's the Yanks under Casey won so much that The Yankee haters were born because they won too much. I followed them  when I could watch them on a small black and white tv. In 1961 all us kids had a 9 volt transistor radio and followed the home run race with Mickey and Roger in the papers . No Sports center back then.  A friend of my father told me that the dynasty was going to end with the common draft. He was right. When George bought the team everything changed . I loved the Torre years even though we lost to the Diamond Backs ,which we should have won with a lead and Mariano on the hill. The Pirates in 60 was a big loss .In that game we watched a few innings in school the Yanks were winning so the teacher shut it off (Yankee hater) by the time I got home it was already over . So we won some that we maybe should have lost and lost some that we could have won. All in all it was a great run. Glad that I was from the NY area and got to witness it. If I lived in another area I wonder if I could take the losing 

21 mins ago, Hammerheadman said:

............. I loved the Torre years even though we lost to the Diamond Backs ,which we should have won with a lead and Mariano on the hill...........

2001 was a tragedy.  My Giants lost the Super Bowl, my Devils lost the Stanley Cup, the Yanks lost the World Series, I blew out my ACL skiing, my pregnant wife was diagnosed with breast cancer, and yeah, 9/11.

That year just flat sucked.  20 years later, 2001 still sucked.