HenryM

Favorite Shop 2021

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

Looking to see what everyone’s preferred shop is this year.

I know that availability of tackle, line, and rods has been tough for shops to get in from distributors. My go to shops just don’t have what I need, but they aren’t really geared towards surf fishing, more inshore, mid shore, and pelagic stuff. I’m still trying to support them with odds and ends purchases but I’m itching for a new rod and plugs and want to be able to handle stuff from Lami, tsunami, odm etc in the same place. 

Just curious who everyone thinks has the best supply of surf stuff in the state. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I just discovered the Fisherman’s Source in Neptune this past year. 

I cant say enough about the store front... other then their very good and competitive prices (even compared to online prices) the guys who work there are extremely friendly and helpful, which sometimes can he hard to find in a tackle shop. No chips on shoulders here! This is the only local place I will go now

they also have pretty much anything you could want and different brands of the same product at different price points, which is nice. Very nice selection of rods too. 

@HenryM they do have a lot of surf stuff and all the rod brands that you mentioned... plus more, they are in the back room. The shop is not enormous but I find they have everything you need without the fluff 

Edited by Mr.Belmar

Been awhile since I've been fishing up there. Most tackle shops have their own niche. I like fishermen's supply in point pleasant and brielle bait and tackle in brielle

6 hours ago, Mr.Belmar said:

I cant say enough about the store front... other then their very good and competitive prices (even compared to online prices) the guys who work there are extremely friendly and helpful, which sometimes can he hard to find in a tackle shop. No chips on shoulders here! This is the only local place I will go now

they also have pretty much anything you could want and different brands of the same product at different price points, which is nice. Very nice selection of rods too. 

@HenryM they do have a lot of surf stuff and all the rod brands that you mentioned... plus more, they are in the back room. The shop is not enormous but I find they have everything you need without the fluff 

I bought a reel from them last year online. 

I placed the order and got an email a few minutes later that said “I’ll drop it off on my way home”

got it on the same day. I will make my way over to that shop one day. 

3 hours ago, Bunkerface said:

Been awhile since I've been fishing up there. Most tackle shops have their own niche. I like fishermen's supply in point pleasant and brielle bait and tackle in brielle

Im partial to the reel seat.

Anyone ever been up to jigging world? I think its tackle world now

33 mins ago, HenryM said:

Im partial to the reel seat.

Anyone ever been up to jigging world? I think its tackle world now

Never been there. In Brielle Bait and Tackle they used to have a nice assortment of Lami Rods up to maybe 11 foot one piece in the back and they do have some good rod building supplies. Fishermen's supply is what it is... A great surfcasters selection.

12 hours ago, Mr.Belmar said:

Pretty accurate review although i believe the location is Ocean Township right on the Asbury border. Neptune is not too far off. Fair pricing. Nice staff. Selection isnt as good as some shops but not terrible either. Good location right by costco which is how I found out about this place.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Fishermans Den in the Belmar marina. Bobby tries to keep stuff in stock and is a wealth of local knowledge.

Edited by alaskansteve