BrianBM

Where is the General Milley thread?

Rate this topic

78 posts in this topic

By now, I am guessing that most SOL posters have heard that Gen. Milley was seriously concerned that President Trump would attempt a coup to remain in power, immediately following the election.*   He organized a series of resignations among the senior military, should Trump declare martial law, told his immediate staff and peers that the military would protect the peaceful transfer of power, and described Trump's supporters (I'm not clear as to when) as "the people we fought in WW II," or words to that effect. I'm amazed that there are no threads denouncing him here. President Trump has already done so, which makes silence all the more surprising.

What's the consensus, if there is one, about Milley and his comments?

1) He's a Chinese spy.

2) He's a Never-Trumper.

3) He probably was a regular at Epstein Island.  And at Comet Pizza.

4) Supporting a coup was his Constitutional duty, if Trump wanted one.

I look forward to the responses.

* If you're a Fox, Newsmax, or OANN regular, you may NOT have heard about Milley's comments. I don't know whether they have covered this, or how they covered this. USE Google or DDG, and you'll see.   

5 mins ago, BrianBM said:

By now, I am guessing that most SOL posters have heard that Gen. Milley was seriously concerned that President Trump would attempt a coup to remain in power, immediately following the election.*   He organized a series of resignations among the senior military, should Trump declare martial law, told his immediate staff and peers that the military would protect the peaceful transfer of power, and described Trump's supporters (I'm not clear as to when) as "the people we fought in WW II," or words to that effect. I'm amazed that there are no threads denouncing him here. President Trump has already done so, which makes silence all the more surprising.

What's the consensus, if there is one, about Milley and his comments?

1) He's a Chinese spy.

2) He's a Never-Trumper.

3) He probably was a regular at Epstein Island.  And at Comet Pizza.

4) Supporting a coup was his Constitutional duty, if Trump wanted one.

I look forward to the responses.

* If you're a Fox, Newsmax, or OANN regular, you may NOT have heard about Milley's comments. I don't know whether they have covered this, or how they covered this. USE Google or DDG, and you'll see.   

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/07/16/tucker_carlson_chairman_of_the_joint_chiefs_of_staff_mike_milley_should_be_fired_subverting_civilian_control.html

Following this further, I see that Tucker called Milley a "pig," and "stupid," in response to the Congressional inquiry into officers being too woke. He also said that Milley's not brave, he just did a real good job of sucking up. 

Max Boot, a pre-Trump type of conservative (booo! hissss!) asked a really good question about this.  Can you imagine the hysterics that would convulse the GOP if a member of The Squad had made the same comment?  I'll be back much later, will take a look at CTH.

Subverting civilian control ... yes. If President Trump wants a coup, then Milley should salute and say Sir, Yes Sir!

That's why officers take an oath of loyalty to the President as an individual, and not the Constitution. ;)

34 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

All we have heard is some excerpts from some books bashing Trump.

Has Gen Milley confirmed what the books claim he said?

That's why I didn't get involved.  The information was from a credible author and appeared in a book.  I knew the Right would reject it on face because of that.

26 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Subverting civilian control ... yes. If President Trump wants a coup, then Milley should salute and say Sir, Yes Sir!

That's why officers take an oath of loyalty to the President as an individual, and not the Constitution. ;)

Did trump ever ask for this coup? Or is it fiction?

I like Milley.  That said, senior military leadership pretty much become yes men to any president in power.  They change alliance as presidents change.  If told to down talk another president they will do so IMO.  

4 mins ago, Dave588 said:

They all including the good General seem to lack evidence for all their acquisitions 

Fiction... Miley hyperbole. 

This is the first I have heard of this. 

6 mins ago, Dave588 said:

Just more insanity from the mentally ill democrats and their mindless supporters... they still believe he was impeached and a Russian spy! They really are pitiful that they believe their bullying will continue to be fruitful... no one with any brains even believes anything they say.

3 mins ago, DZ said:

I like Milley.  That said, senior military leadership pretty much become yes men to any president in power.  They change alliance as presidents change.  If told to down talk another president they will do so IMO.  

Mattis, Milley.  It is interesting that so many senior military official have distain for Trump.  

I think the only one still in his camp is disgraced Mike Flynn, and that's probably because Trump gave him a "get out of jail free" card.  

4 mins ago, J said:

Fiction... Miley hyperbole. 

This is the first I have heard of this. 

^^^^^

Wow... that's some rock you're under.