White House will tell Facebook what posts should be taken down?

Rate this topic

flyangler

Let’s remember, the original of the virus being the Wuhan lab was considered "misinformation" a year ago….

Facts remain the same, how those facts are supported and interpreted can change. 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

18 mins ago, The Dude said:

Lol. It's still the same. They're not interrelated.

The administration is trying to combat the virus and the major sticking point right now is people not getting vaccinated despite the vaccines being widely available. The government is free to ask the social media companies to help curb misinformation about the vaccine (this is a real thing and you can even see how it filters down to this very forum) and the social media companies are free to either take their advice or ignore it. Not sure why you cultists are up in arms here. 

To be fair .. not everyone shares your enthusiasm for compliance.

Old skool Americans have this weird spirit of independence. 

It's one of those things... you either get it or you don't.  

Just now, JimG said:

To be fair .. not everyone shares your enthusiasm for compliance.

Old skool Americans have this weird spirit of independence. 

It's one of those things... you either get it or you don't.  

He’s a weird duck. I went searching for something the other day and found a thread from years ago, before both my time here as well as before Trump, and it was the same Dude. Same comments. Same gadfly behavior. Same I am smarter than you and I am going to prove it to you like of snark. 

So when Gadfly the hall monitor says he blasts people in "the cult" because of Trump, he’s full of it because his behavior was just like that before Trump descended the elevator. 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

1 min ago, flyangler said:

He’s a weird duck. I went searching for something the other day and found a thread from years ago, before both my time here as well as before Trump, and it was the same Dude. Same comments. Same gadfly behavior. Same I am smarter than you and I am going to prove it to you like of snark. 

So when Gadfly the hall monitor says he blasts people in "the cult" because of Trump, he’s full of it because his behavior was just like that before Trump descended the elevator. 

Guilty as charged. I used to call those that have become the cultists Team Republican and I've always had disdain for you asshats. Mostly because I view you all as the main impediment to conservatism in this country.

1 min ago, The Dude said:

Guilty as charged. I used to call those that have become the cultists Team Republican and I've always had disdain for you asshats. Mostly because I view you all as the main impediment to conservatism in this country.

yyyyyup,

there has always been a large number of right wing pom pom shakers who are devoted to partisan politics and the talking points of the day,

and care less about Truth and Principles.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

3 mins ago, The Dude said:

Conservatism in this country as a political driver is dead.

1 min ago, fish'nmagician said:

yyyyyup,

there has always been a large number of right wing pom pom shakers who are devoted to partisan politics and the talking points of the day,

and care less about Truth and Principles.

Well, you're half right.

34 mins ago, The Dude said:

The administration is trying to combat the virus and the major sticking point right now is people not getting vaccinated despite the vaccines being widely available. The government is free to ask the social media companies to help curb misinformation about the vaccine (this is a real thing and you can even see how it filters down to this very forum) and the social media companies are free to either take their advice or ignore it. Not sure why you cultists are up in arms here. 

1 min ago, JimG said:

Super Conservatives are huge supporters of federal govt flagging content on media platforms for censorship.

It's one of the oldest conservative principles 

True Story.  

See the bolded dumbass. You cultist liberals don't even know what it means to be a conservative.

4 mins ago, Kbetts said:

2021 Conservative Democrat = Republican

Old school Dems lost control of their party.  Should’ve kept the “fringe” on the fringe.

In reality Little and other voices from the right were telling democrats like me that we should support Trump because he is a liberal.

the GOP is now the party of Trump....

so spare me,

the man at the center of the personality cult is a liberal..... and the GOP adores him

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

3 mins ago, The Dude said:

See the bolded dumbass. You cultist liberals don't even know what it means to be a conservative.

Easy super conservative..don't get upset.   

Yeah of course they can tell the democrat party to go scratch.   

Every super conservative knows that the federal govt can't possibly use its influence to intimidate private companies and individuals.  

Every super conservative understands that.   

34 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

In reality Little and other voices from the right were telling democrats like me that we should support Trump because he is a liberal.

the GOP is now the party of Trump....

so spare me,

the man at the center of the personality cult is a liberal..... and the GOP adores him

Tells me I hit home.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Sorry Dude, there’s no way to justify the suppression of free speech. 

The Biden Admin needs to do a abetter job of “spreading the truth” not suppressing others. 

Come on man, think about how wrong it is. 

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave.