bob_G

Amazing sight today

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Saw quite a show today. 15 yards off the rocks, we saw Salty the 600lb seal absolutely crush a 15lb bass.   The seal repeatedly hammered the fish like it was a pencil popper. The sight and sound was awesome.

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

Saw quite a show today. 15 yards off the rocks, we saw Salty the 600lb seal absolutely crush a 15lb bass.   The seal repeatedly hammered the fish like it was a pencil popper. The sight and sound was awesome.

Ding Dong Road?

31 mins ago, bob_G said:

Is he/she the seal that sounds like it has COPD?

1 hour ago, WorcBoy said:

Is he/she the seal that sounds like it has COPD?

I heard that seal on Monday morning. It drifted by in the current, snorting like an asthmatic that smokes 2 packs a day. Fortunately it keep on drifting by 'cuz there were fish stacked up where I was fishing.  :)

Saw one munch down a perfectly healthy schoolie today in duxbury, first thing it did was eat the guts out of it, then strip the rest of the meat off of it expertly, and you couldn't go 5 seconds without hearing a pogie splash they were literally everywhere, friend reports seeing them eat flounder one after the other, wait don't the scientists say they mainly eat sand eels lol?  

damn 

it's still around.....

I heard it one morning cape side about 300 yds west of me before it drifted by. An hour or so later we were east end mainland side and here it comes again. Chomping loudly on a sub legal fish and wheezing. 

Just now, SalmonAndStriper Stalker said:

there is more than 1 seal. I saw a pack of 3 of them last weekend. so I can attest that there is at least 3

All 3 wheezing ? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

We were tuna fishing one time and had some live bait out. Well, a seal floated belly up about 20 feet from the boat and on his chest, he had a fish (whiting). Took a second but then realized it was ours. I could even see the hook in the bait. He grabbed that bait and ate it like corn on the cob and went around the hook like a pro surgeon. ...all while looking right at me with sarcasm and grit. then he tossed the bones into the water and swam off. 

Edited by NHAngler

7 hours ago, FoliFish said:

Was it alive before Salty got it, or another "floater" like the many seen this week?  :dismay:

The fish was very alive.  The guy was working a pencil when this nice fish nails it several times before being hooked. Upon being hooked, the fish began thrashing the surface like large fish often do.   

Out of nowhere, the surface erupted with several massive explosions.  Very much resembling a BFT. The fish was pulled off, and Salty the Seal emerged from the surface commotion enjoying his breakfast.

59 mins ago, bob_G said:

The fish was very alive.  The guy was working a pencil when this nice fish nails it several times before being hooked. Upon being hooked, the fish began thrashing the surface like large fish often do.   

Out of nowhere, the surface erupted with several massive explosions.  Very much resembling a BFT. The fish was pulled off, and Salty the Seal emerged from the surface commotion enjoying his breakfast.

Holy crap!!  Haha.  

1 hour ago, capequahog said:

common to see seals in the canal now with or without fish in their mouths

hat picture has increase ten fold over the past several years, much to the detriment of the fish population. Peace and Prayers