coolhandfluke

even motorcycle tires on national back order

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

i run dunlops on my harley as they seem to last the longest.  about 15k miles and they are done. could not find them anywhere. i emailed their customer service and was told like everything else,because of the pandemic they wont be available for maybe 6-8 more weeks. i could probably wait till then , but they get so hard the comfort level is gone. just ordered a set of Michelin . maybe i will like them better. 

1 hour ago, slicedcornbread said:

I ran Avon tires on mine for many years. Always had good luck with them. Michelin are good though.

I've heard good things about them, better gripping better handling in the corners, however I ended up going with the Dunlop's.   

1 hour ago, coolhandfluke said:

i run dunlops on my harley as they seem to last the longest.  about 15k miles and they are done. could not find them anywhere. i emailed their customer service and was told like everything else,because of the pandemic they wont be available for maybe 6-8 more weeks. i could probably wait till then , but they get so hard the comfort level is gone. just ordered a set of Michelin . maybe i will like them better. 

i did all new tires and breaks in February 

I hear avons are good but not too many miles with them.   i only do about 7k a year but at 450.00 for a set of tires i prefer to get the most miles.       the dunlops i get at least 15k .  i ordered the michelin scorches which harley is now putting them on there bikes.   i read lot of bad reviews on the  michelin commanders.

51 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

I hear avons are good but not too many miles with them.   i only do about 7k a year but at 450.00 for a set of tires i prefer to get the most miles.       the dunlops i get at least 15k .  i ordered the michelin scorches which harley is now putting them on there bikes.   i read lot of bad reviews on the  michelin commanders.

yeah thats what i heard about the avons as well.one of the guy's that works on my bike is an MC guy and he said a lot of his club  guys would rather have avons but they do change them more often ,i think he gets a deal on them so in the long run it's not much more