saltydawg

“Carona Carp”? “Wuhan Carp”?

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (AP) — Minnesota state Sen. Foung Hawj was never a fan of the “Asian carp” label commonly applied to four imported fish species that are wreaking havoc in the U.S. heartland, infesting numerous rivers and bearing down on the Great Lakes.

But the last straw came when an Asian business delegation arriving at the Minneapolis airport encountered a sign reading “Kill Asian Carp." It was a well-intentioned plea to prevent the spread of the invasive fish. But the message was off-putting to the visitors.

In related news, African plains animals are not happy about the zebra mussels problem

Edited by saltydawg

8 mins ago, ridenfish said:

And here I thought we were already at peak wokeness.

Now leftists are triggered by the names of fish

who was triggered in this story???

2 mins ago, KarpsnKatz said:

Change the name to “white supremacist carp” and the progs will kill every last one.

Just say the Carp are Trump voter Carp.

Just now, fish'nmagician said:

so clear it up for me,

who was triggered in this story???

Read the copied portion of the story. Maybe go back with a highlighter and identify the subject of the sentences, it might help.

Here are some elementary schools tips.

SUBJECT

The subject of a sentence is the person, place, or thing that is performing the action of the sentence. The subject represents what or whom the sentence is about. The simple subject usually contains a noun or pronoun and can include modifying words, phrases, or clauses.

The man . . .

PREDICATE

The predicate expresses action or being within the sentence. The simple predicate contains the verb and can also contain modifying words, phrases, or clauses.

The man /  builds a house.

DIRECT OBJECT

The direct object receives the action of the sentence. The direct object is usually a noun or pronoun.

The man builds a house. 

The man builds it.

INDIRECT OBJECT

The indirect object indicates to whom or for whom the action of the sentence is being done. The indirect object is usually a noun or pronoun.

The man builds his family a house. 

The man builds them a house.

Commies here fail to see that 

we are laughing at their insanity and how they find cereal packaging, National parks, the names of birds, and now fish to be racist.  And owning dogs is another thing that’s racist from an article I read. 

1 min ago, ihocky2 said:

Read the copied portion of the story. Maybe go back with a highlighter and identify the subject of the sentences, it might help.

who was triggered in the story???

you seem reluctant to give a straight answer.

Woke SJWs better get a jump on the Asian Giant Hornets. Gotta change the name of that too before more leftists get triggered and emotional.

They are another invasive species complements of Gropey Joes buddies over in the CCP

2 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

who was triggered in the story???

you seem reluctant to give a straight answer.

The answer was straight enough if you bothered to read the excerpt, but I'll give you the same answer I used in high school. "I will not do your homework for you". But since I am in a giving mood today, here is a hint. The words are in the first sentence of the first paragraph, the second subject (that's the Who in the story) is in the first and third sentences of the 2nd paragraph. 

13 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

So I see this thread in the Tavern too,

which website issued this as a story right wingers are supposed to be outraged over?

It’s an AP story carried all over. The “(AP)” before the article text is usually a dead giveaway. 

1 min ago, ihocky2 said:

The answer was straight enough if you bothered to read the excerpt, but I'll give you the same answer I used in high school. "I will not do your homework for you". But since I am in a giving mood today, here is a hint. The words are in the first sentence of the first paragraph, the second subject (that's the Who in the story) is in the first and third sentences of the 2nd paragraph. 

it's not worth dealing with the troll. Apparently he doesn't read articles, just like he doesn't watch videos. But he will come in and screech, cry and derail a thread though.