victorjg

Inshore Rod Indesition

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Hi

Due problems on my back I have to change my fishing equipment from 11' long to 7.6" less weight...

Well I'm looking 2 of them I'm not decide I just want an advice. 

I'm taking a look to St Croix Triumph Inshore, 7'.6" MH -power , Lure weight ½-1¼oz. 

The other one is the Tsunami Carbon Shield ii

7'.6" long, MH power and lure weight ¼-1oz 

I usually use lures, plastics, metals, bucktails from ⅜ up to 1 oz , no more than 1.5 oz to cast.

Don't like rods very stiff,  what I really want is long cast and power at the moment of a catch. 

 

If any of you have use them what can you tell me about them?

 

Thanks

 

Victor Garcia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe look into the 8'8 tsunami airwave elite. It's a very light rod that won't put much strain on your back. Often I don't need to put my whole body into the cast to load it I just do a quick flick and can launch 1/2 oz to 1 oz lures way out. 

Fits into the criteria that you're looking for. Longer casts than an inshore rod, quite a soft rod not very stiff, and has power. Landed multiple 10+ pound blues in may when I just kept this rod in my car as a backup. I also use it to fluke with 3/4 oz jigheads and gulp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're going for an inshore SC2 st croix I highly recommend the Tidemaster while you can still find them. Discounted at many shops it's one of the cheapest USA made rods available. I have 4 might have 5 or 6 before they dry up completely :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a St croix, I love it, its only 7'.

 

buddy has the carbon and he likes his, again only 7'.

 

I dont think you can go wrong with either choice. neither are too stiff but have a solid back bone. Ive caught bass around 46" on my St Croix with no issues at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your getting two personally I'd get one that’s fast action and one that’s more moderate so they can be used for different applications. Also a 7'6 or 8 footer really isn't much heavier and could come in clutch at times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, oc1 said:

"Indesition".  C'mon.  At least get the title correct.

Bro, I'm sorry if my English doesn't satisfied your speciation,  but I'm not from the states! By the way it really matters?  Do you understand my question, right?  If you don't like it, is easy don't comment..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, victorjg said:

Bro, I'm sorry if my English doesn't satisfied your speciation,  but I'm not from the states! By the way it really matters?  Do you understand my question, right?  If you don't like it, is easy don't comment..

It took me a minute too. Indecision should be pretty simple. Question; what is "speciation"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 mins ago, RockRonin said:

It took me a minute too. Indecision should be pretty simple. Question; what is "speciation"?

Speciation... are you somebody to arguing about my English who are you? Don't border me more.. get out and go wash the dishes.. !

Are adding something interesting about the post?  No ! so? I really don't want to write what really you deserve.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, victorjg said:

Speciation... are you somebody to arguing about my English who are you? Don't border me more.. get out and go wash the dishes.. !

Are adding something interesting about the post?  No ! so? I really don't want to write what really you deserve.. 

That escalated quickly. Try the decaf. Concerning "who I am"; I'm the guy who doesn't use words I can't spell. After reading that English isn't your 1st language, I didn't write what you "really deserved" in my 1st response. 

9 hours ago, victorjg said:

Hi

Due problems on my back I have to change my fishing equipment from 11' long to 7.6" less weight...

Well I'm looking 2 of them I'm not decide I just want an advice. 

I'm taking a look to St Croix Triumph Inshore, 7'.6" MH -power , Lure weight ½-1¼oz. 

The other one is the Tsunami Carbon Shield ii

7'.6" long, MH power and lure weight ¼-1oz 

I usually use lures, plastics, metals, bucktails from ⅜ up to 1 oz , no more than 1.5 oz to cast.

Don't like rods very stiff,  what I really want is long cast and power at the moment of a catch. 

 

If any of you have use them what can you tell me about them?

 

Thanks

 

Victor Garcia

Concerning your choice of rods; the 7'6" Triumph should be fine, but I would temper my expectations about casting distance going from an 11' rod down to a 7'6" rod. Both rods fall within your price range and a lot of shops carry them. You should go to a few tackle shops, bring your reel, try it out on both and compare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, victorjg said:

Bro, I'm sorry if my English doesn't satisfied your speciation,  but I'm not from the states! By the way it really matters?  Do you understand my question, right?  If you don't like it, is easy don't comment..

 

I understood.  Your english is far, far better than my Spanish.  

 

I have a 7' triumph and think that the 7'6" you listed would be great for your use.  

 

I think the poster who said you should modify your expectations in terms of casting distance though.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also thinking the combination of soft tip + backbone you describe could be found in many heavier LMB rods. With reels I am careful about what I use in salt but I rinse my stuff well so I will happily use freshwater rods in the salt if I find the action/power I'm looking for. Swimbait rods will have a longer butt too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.