nfnDrum

Lexa TW 300 vs HD vs Tranx 300

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Size, how compact is the Lexa 300 TW compared to the Lexa 300 HD and the Tranx 300?

Edited by nfnDrum

I love big reel discussions lol. I was not aware Lexa 300 HD vs TW were different size at all.

I wear a size L glove usually and I find both the Tranx 300 and my Lexa WN 300 to be equally "half palmable". Can't claw em like a 100 or 150 obviously but they are pretty comfortable.

Having both a Tranx and a Lexa, I think the key decision point would be whether or not you want a mag adjustment. For this reason, I prefer the Lexa on the beach for casting various weights from 3/4oz-3oz for decent distance. Tranx pretty much lives on a LMB punchin/froggin rod now since that's usually short distance cast with the locked down drag.

Can post some pics if you like

Edited by BG_NJ

5 hours ago, BG_NJ said:

I love big reel discussions lol. I was not aware Lexa 300 HD vs TW were different size at all.

I wear a size L glove usually and I find both the Tranx 300 and my Lexa WN 300 to be equally "half palmable". Can't claw em like a 100 or 150 obviously but they are pretty comfortable.

Having both a Tranx and a Lexa, I think the key decision point would be whether or not you want a mag adjustment. For this reason, I prefer the Lexa on the beach for casting various weights from 3/4oz-3oz for decent distance. Tranx pretty much lives on a LMB punchin/froggin rod now since that's usually short distance cast with the locked down drag.

Can post some pics if you like

I have a Lexa HD and Tranx 300. The Lexa TW video claims they where more compact, but more compact then what? I assume they mean the HD? Im curious how it compares, I do find the HD and TX palm-able. I do prefer mags adjust, hence the question. I'm tempted to replace my Tranx for the TW if its smaller then the HD.

Edited by nfnDrum

58 mins ago, nfnDrum said:

I have a Lexa HD and Tranx 300. The Lexa TW video claims they where more compact, but more compact then what? I assume they mean the HD? Im curious how it compares, I do find the HD an TW palmable I do prefer mags adjust, hence the question. I'm tempted to replace my Tranx for the TW if its smaller then the HD.

Based on descriptions from a few sites, the frame of TW is a redesign aimed at "enhanced palmability". That language was surely honed around the marketing conference table, but it does look a bit more ergonomic compared to my WN. Hard to say from just pics. Almost looks like a beefier Tatula frame but could just be the new glossier finish. Sick sounding reel though. Brass and stainless internals + adjustable handle length