What is considered a successful tide for fishing

Rate this topic

jeffapeikin

9 hours ago, jeffapeikin said:

Guys I mentioned tide but I meant outing . What do you consider to be a successful outing? When you make a plan and go out? I suppose a keeper bass and multiple species is always success but when you were just getting around to know what you were doing. I mean you have the lures you know your spots you know your tackle? 

What about the summer months? Do you have back bay sod spots if so what is considered success back there?

i don't do sod. in the summer on the right tides i can usually manage 4-6 fish an hour with at least one legal fish. I don't fish real hard for stripers in the summer though but i have a handful of spots inside that will and have produced for 20 years and the action is pretty much the same.  when there were weakfish around 25 years ago, that was what i did at night in the summer if the ocean was a blowout or dead. 

"Wind from the East, fish bite the least...Wind from the West, fish bite the best...Wind from the South blows the bait in the fishes mouth... Wind from the North, do not go forth."

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"