albacized

Iran tried to kidnap a journalist right from our own soil

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

From the what I could tell from the reporting, the 4 men charged with this were Iranian intelligence officers. The person who was almost the victim is now a US citizen, originally from Iran. What kind of act would it take to warrant some kind of retaliation? I don't want to see a war, but this was pretty brash and I would think some kind of reminder to play nice would be warranted. What say you?

Just now, saltydawg said:

Did they release the journalist once they realized he couldn’t tell the truth? 

They're not caught yet, but the attempt failed - the first part of which I find confusing (the report said they're 'charged' but they're still not in custody???). And it's a female journalist who was also an activist against the poor treatment of women in Iran. Looks like Iran wasn't pleased with the less than flattering reporting

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just keep letting these folks into the country ...your a Muslim or our slave if not we kill you ...their karan not mine 

Edited by Surf bomber

28 mins ago, saltydawg said:

Did they release the journalist once they realized he couldn’t tell the truth? 

They only released the Cnn, nbc and all the other lame stream liars.  Fox news people were decapitated on the spot.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sounds like the plan was to get her out of NYC via a speed boat down to Venezuela, then fly her back to Iran...Pretty surreal if you ask me

Edited by albacized

Portion of an article from Reuters (article by Joel Schectman):

WASHINGTON, July 13 (Reuters) - U.S. prosecutors have charged four Iranians, alleged to be intelligence operatives for Tehran, with plotting to kidnap a New York journalist and human rights activist who was critical of Iran, according to a Justice Department indictment unsealed on Tuesday.

In recent years, Iranian intelligence officers have tricked a number of overseas activists to travel to destinations where they were kidnapped and sent back to Iran, U.S. authorities said.

While the indictment did not name the target of the plot, Reuters has confirmed she is Iranian-American journalist Masih Alinejad, who has contributed to the U.S. government-funded Voice of America Persian language service and reports on human rights issues in Iran.

They should be flown back to Iran….

and released from 30,000 feet without parachutes.  Hopefully one  will land on someone and we’ll get a 2 for one.