johndtuttle

Warfare 20N drag help

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hello boyos.

Came across a used Warfare 20N that seems in excellent condition but won't make proper drag.

1. Drag washers are in proper order. Middle washer is perfectly flat, large heavy one is )= oriented where ) is the washer and = is the sleeve.

2. AR Sleeve is properly keyed.

3. Tried brass spacing sleeve Key #9 a variety of ways and no improvement.

4. Belleville washers are ()().

5. No, the line isn't slipping :).

I can get the star to bottom out but it makes like no pounds of drag. Seems like AR Sleeve 98S is just a tiny bit out of tolerance? It barely sticks out of the top of the AR Clutch when they are seated together.

Other than that seems pretty sweet and a great deal for a solid liltte conventional. Please help me get to spec drag numbers ie #10 at least.

Regards, John

Edited by johndtuttle

Hi Johndtuttle,

Sorry to hear the reel is giving you trouble.  I would check washer 7H.  You want to make sure the raised part of the washer is facing towards the A/R sleeve.  And yes the A/R sleeve must be keyed to 7H for the reel to get drag.  

Jim

Posted (edited) · Report post

50 mins ago, PENN Fishing said:

Hi Johndtuttle,

Sorry to hear the reel is giving you trouble.  I would check washer 7H.  You want to make sure the raised part of the washer is facing towards the A/R sleeve.  And yes the A/R sleeve must be keyed to 7H for the reel to get drag.  

Jim

Hey Jim, Tony sent me a PM and we figured it out. The spool shaft/spindle has not been properly pressed into the spool and so freely spins inside preventing any real purchase on the spool. One of those things that until you have it happen you just can't imagine. One clue was when turning the handle you could feel something not smoothly slipping (ie not nice and smooth like greased drag washers). But I think we have a handle on it now (ugh pun lol).

--John

Edited by johndtuttle