Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. July 13 - July 20

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, LockedDrag said:

LOL ok. Rocks looked familiar. I was at the lighthouse. It was slow yesterday. I didn’t hit my guaranteed every cast spots there though. 

Lol funny stuff. I was out there Friday. Really nice area and I’m glad I got a chance to fish it let alone pull some fish from those waters. 

1 hour ago, Flukeu626 said:

Lol funny stuff. I was out there Friday. Really nice area and I’m glad I got a chance to fish it let alone pull some fish from those waters. 

It’s about to get real good once the albies and bones show up in full force. Pods and pods of blitzes. Really cool to experience on a daily basis 

14 hours ago, Flukeu626 said:

Took a quick vacation to Rhode Island from NJ. Beautiful state and was able to connect to a couple bass with this one being the biggest. Was out by one of the many lighthouses watching some blitzing going on and hooked into the bass on an sp minnow bone. Released to swim another day. Forgive my lack of korkers, it was an unexpected fishing adventure 

BE326879-195E-4230-A672-0A80944ACFE0.jpeg

all i see is a floating head, a bass, and a pair of legs

Louisiana gator on a wimpy stick.

Rhode Island Translation ….. Monsta bluefish on a fly rod.

The bite was early and fast out at Block Island. Seas, wind, and tide were favorable. Thank God, no fog today. There were quality fish in the early morning hours. This jumbo bluefish caught by fly fisher, Cody Coyne ran the table on him. There were a few quality stripers around too, but that bite didn’t last as long.  

IMG_2583.JPG

7 hours ago, LockedDrag said:

It’s about to get real good once the albies and bones show up in full force. Pods and pods of blitzes. Really cool to experience on a daily basis 

I’d love to make a trip back up for that. Need a lot of time and dodge a lot of people for that kind of fishing in NJ 

30 mins ago, Flukeu626 said:

I’d love to make a trip back up for that. Need a lot of time and dodge a lot of people for that kind of fishing in NJ 

You need to dodge a lot of people at most RI and MA albie hot spots as well

1 hour ago, Flukeu626 said:

If you ever do, let me know. My spot is usually never crowded. It’s usually just my boys and I. We get a mile stretch if not more to ourselves

1 hour ago, LockedDrag said:

If you ever do, let me know. My spot is usually never crowded. It’s usually just my boys and I. We get a mile stretch if not more to ourselves

Thanks man. Vice versa I can do the same if you head down to jerzee. 

Hey Everyone, first post for me. Grew up in SE Mass and learned on the freshwater lakes/ponds, picked it back up after 10+ years on saltwater shores. The obsession is back lol. Live in RI now. Took my parents out to the Newport Area for some fresh air this last weekend, been trying to put a dent in the fluke while awaiting tog season re-open, been tough sledding.  Caught on hi-low with teaser and bucktail both tipped with gulp. 

231B523C-.jpg