Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. July 13 - July 20

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, noahialongo said:

I got a bunch of what were I think bullets today, very well could have been chubs though. Literally thousands upon thousands. tiny bait

IMG_5245.JPG

Baby squid party.... 

Now that's a good size mackerel

Dave Hazell had the Grand Slam Plus today out at Block Island.

Stripers, bluefish, bonito, and three other ground fish which were tautog, scup, and sea bass.

IMG_2572.JPG

Posted (edited) · Report post

36 mins ago, Quonnie said:

I thought I saw Bonito off a breachway the other day 

did not stay very long in and  our pretty quickly 

I seen the same blitz on the soft side yesterday morning; Stripers, Blues & Shad.

Did not last long.

Edited by DEM Parking Lot

46 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

Fluke’n was tough yesterday but I’m almost positive we saw a huge Spanish Mackerel breach just south of the Jamestown bridge. 

If it was huge, maybe it was a king. They were getting them around the Vinyard in recent years.

Took a quick vacation to Rhode Island from NJ. Beautiful state and was able to connect to a couple bass with this one being the biggest. Was out by one of the many lighthouses watching some blitzing going on and hooked into the bass on an sp minnow bone. Released to swim another day. Forgive my lack of korkers, it was an unexpected fishing adventure 

BE326879-195E-4230-A672-0A80944ACFE0.jpeg

Edited by Flukeu626

1 hour ago, Flukeu626 said:

Took a quick vacation to Rhode Island from NJ. Beautiful state and was able to connect to a couple bass with this one being the biggest. Was out by one of the many lighthouses watching some blitzing going on and hooked into the bass on an sp minnow bone. Released to swim another day. Forgive my lack of korkers, it was an unexpected fishing adventure 

BE326879-195E-4230-A672-0A80944ACFE0.jpeg

Hmm looks familiar. You didn’t happen to be fishing with someone driving a large black truck were you?