bob_G

This is what people do with 41" fish on the canal

Rate this topic

94 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

WTF.

Did the EPOs show up and someone dropped a fish and ran?

Last year I was fishing the canal when a guy near me got an over 40 inch fish. Once he unhooked it he pushed it into the water with his feet and it immediately went belly up. I told the guy he had to revive it. He didn't have a clue what to do. I ended up going into the water, knee deep (without waders, getting soaked) to grab the fish then revived it, showing the guy how to.

Some people aren't too bright. Or they start fishing because of social media but never learn how to correctly fish and handle their catches.

Edited by zak-striper

Probably a commercial guy just letting it marinade for a couple hours.  They fetch the best price after some time in the sun.

Oughta find the a-hole and make him eat the sushi after its been parboiling in the sun for a couple hours. And you can't leave until the whole fish is done. 

The concern is why? Nothing about catching a fish of any size and abandoning it on land makes zero sense. No gain, no accomplishment, no chance at profiting , not even a meal. This is a real genius at work here, beware of befriending this nit-wit.

The responsible party is of no value to mankind, hopefully, they off themselves tonight, the world will be a better place tomorrow.

Ugh what a disgraceful thing to do... what a poor ending to an animals life. I'm all for keeping what you catch (if legal of course) for any type of hunting or fishing but things like this is pitiful.... 

42 mins ago, Highlander1 said:

The concern is why? Nothing about catching a fish of any size and abandoning it on land makes zero sense. No gain, no accomplishment, no chance at profiting , not even a meal. This is a real genius at work here, beware of befriending this nit-wit.

The responsible party is of no value to mankind, hopefully, they off themselves tonight, the world will be a better place tomorrow.

If I had to guess, he took it back there to show off, and get some photos because he left his phone or camera in his vehicle. And just dumped it after the photos. :rolleyes::mad: 

It’s been 21 years since I’ve been saying the canal should be closed to fishing. For so many reasons but that is the top of the list right there. Too easy for less than desirable people to catch there. 

8 mins ago, Kones1 said:

It’s been 21 years since I’ve been saying the canal should be closed to fishing. For so many reasons but that is the top of the list right there. Too easy for less than desirable people to catch there. 

It’s only easy when it’s easy :)