HopHead

Boiling lobsters alive a crime in UK.....

Rate this topic

71 posts in this topic

Just now, HopHead said:

The hypocrisy is the only reason I posted this.....23 week abortion ok but boiling live shellfish isn't?  wtf

So abortion by boiling is no good?  

UK is so weak now it would be a good time for the mic's to go after them for reparations for the potato famine. The queen could go without a couple new dresses and the prince doesn't have to payoff Epstein.

These are the very same people that would rather fire bomb Dresden, than abuse a puppy. They ruled the world for hundreds of years, "The sun never sets on the British Empire" They lost hundreds of thousands of men in the World Wars, and gave us Monty Python. They are incredibly tough and resilient and frequently brilliant. However they are eccentric and I will continue to boil my lobsters, but think they are great!

Crustaceans hate humans, stick your hand in a bushel of fresh caught blue claws, where's the compassion? Gripe-em and rip-em, they'd do it to us if they could.

1 bottle Sam Adams, 1 bunch fresh dill, a few cloves crushed garlic, 4 or 5 bay leaves, a healthy few shakes of old bay. Lobsters get drunk before they die and take on a delicious taste. You and the Brits can thank me later.

1 hour ago, MadWader said:

split 'em ...and grill'em

Yup. Boiling lobster, crab, or shrimp dead or alive is for lazy fat assed white trash.

44 mins ago, HopHead said:

The hypocrisy is the only reason I posted this.....23 week abortion ok but boiling live shellfish isn't?  wtf

it's a clump of cells!

8 mins ago, SB59 said:

Yup. Boiling lobster, crab, or shrimp dead or alive is for lazy fat assed white trash.

I'm not fat!

14 mins ago, Heron25 said:

You steam your lobster and boil your eel.  Any brit could tell you that. 

Lobsters = steamed; crabs = boiled. 

More from Howard Mitcham: 

The best way to cook crabs is simply to boil them. It sounds like a contradiction but lobsters are best when steamed and crabs are best when boiled. The crab has a very tight shell and it needs boiling so that the spices and salt of the cooking liquor can penetrate inside to the meat. 

He was talking about the New England red crab, but it's just as true for the  Chesapeake Blue Crab, Callinectes sapidus, the famed beautiful swimmer.