HopHead

Boiling lobsters alive a crime in UK.....

Rate this topic

71 posts in this topic

......but abortion at 23 weeks is legal.  The world is losing its collective mind.

NEWS

Boiling lobsters alive to be banned under new UK bill

July 7, 2021 | 3:55pm | Updated 

Enlarge Image
Placing a Lobster in Boiling Water
Boiling lobsters alive will be banned in the United Kingdom.Alamy Stock Photo

Now animal activists have their claws out over seafood.

Boiling lobsters alive would be banned in the United Kingdom under new legislation that protects the “welfare rights” of crustaceans and mollusks, according to a report Wednesday.

Parliament is considering updating its Animal Welfare Bill — which defends against the inhumane treatment of creatures with backbones — to include invertebrates such as lobsters, crabs, octopuses and squid, according to the Evening Standard.

The bill, which is making its way through the legislature’s House of Lords, would require fishermen and chefs to stun or chill the sea creatures before boiling them, which is thought to be a more humane method of cooking.

“There is more than enough evidence for the ability of these sensitive, captivating creatures to feel pain and suffer. They undergo appalling treatment in the food industry,” Maisie Tomlinson, co-director of the group Crustacean Compassion, which supports the bill, told the Times of London.

But there’s some debate over whether the creatures truly experience pain — at least in the way humans feel it.

“Crustaceans have long been viewed as maintaining reflexes that do not cause internal suffering, which would mean they do not truly feel pain,” according to the environmental science center envirobites.org. “In some animals the ‘pain’ signal never reaches the brain and therefore the reflex reaction is kept separate from a pain-induced reaction.”

Boiling lobsters and other crustaceans alive is already illegal in countries such as Switzerland, Norway and New Zealand.

Posted (edited) · Report post

same people who take down statues... 

we, you ,they,us,   let this happen 

Edited by redfishkiller

4 mins ago, MadWader said:

split 'em ...and grill'em

That's what I like doing to them. I run a knife through the brain, split them lengthwise and put them on the flat top griddle with plenty of butter and a touch of water for moisture. Cover them and in a few minutes they are tender and deeeelish. :howdy:

7 mins ago, HopHead said:

frank* will be along soon to tell us all about our true nature......

He’s busy defending the gay choir……they really “aren’t coming for your kids…….although they say they are.

Here's an example of how stupid these people are: boiling them is illegal, but steaming them alive is not. Which creates all kinds of potential hilarity: But your honor! I wasn't gonna berl them! I was a-gonna steam em'! 

Steaming is a better way of cooking lobsters than boiling -- I agree with the late Howard Mitcham, who said that to boil a lobster is a sacrilege -- but this stuff is proof of how dumb a lot of people are. They will support something this stupid, and then eat a sandwich with chicken from a factory form. GIve me a break.

1 min ago, rockyoutdoors said:

My British MIL always looked at me like I was an uncultured American heathen! 

I wonder if her mother looked at the GI's who saved their butts as uncultured America heathens. Isn't that where the dogging thing started shows you their level of self respect.