CTFishingMan

How does everyone pack sluggos into a tube in their surf bag?

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

I almost always carry a handful of sluggos, or GTs in my surf bag. Varying in both size and color. Since I carry a few of them I have to put them in their own tube. However when I have to remove one, it's always tangled with all the others. I'm also using all of the real estate in that tube, when I could be carrying more plugs if it weren't for the awkwardness of the sluggos.

Has anyone figured out a way to nicely pack sluggos into a tube? Do you somehow cut it?  

I'm using a 3 tube Flatlander.

I carry them in a large medicine bottle.. I even put jig heads, diamond jigs, Kastmasters, Crocodiles in large medicine bottles  with the cap on to keep them from getting wet..  ..

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've got this separator I made myself that slides right down into the tube and prevents plugs from hooking each other. Works for my longer soft plastics that tend to get hooked onto other plugs. Also a small belt pouch works great for soft plastics.

211057895_167249882131651_6324601769082421225_n.jpg

Edited by Inception

7 mins ago, Inception said:

I've got this separator I made myself that slides right down into the tube and prevents plugs from hooking each other. Works for my longer soft plastics that tend to get hooked onto other plugs. Also a small belt pouch works great for soft plastics.

That just gave me an idea. Time to find someone with a 3d printer!

I stuff them between my tubes and the front of my bag. Honestly its a pain in the *ss. On a side note, I started fishing riggies alot again. Tried out the paintball mag to hold the riggies and that would work great for 9" sluggo's too.

istuff them down my plugbag and leadheads have there cubby hole on in the jig holder thingies.

im an over stuffing pig. i lighten my plug bar to under 14 lbs LOL

20210711_154013.jpg

3 hours ago, CTFishingMan said:

I almost always carry a handful of sluggos, or GTs in my surf bag. Varying in both size and color. Since I carry a few of them I have to put them in their own tube. However when I have to remove one, it's always tangled with all the others. I'm also using all of the real estate in that tube, when I could be carrying more plugs if it weren't for the awkwardness of the sluggos.

Has anyone figured out a way to nicely pack sluggos into a tube? Do you somehow cut it?  

I'm using a 3 tube Flatlander.

Are you carrying a belt?  Cause if you are, a pouch on the opposite side of your bag would compliment this issue.  I had/have the same problem....but now, it's what kind of pouch, small bag.

it never ends.

1 hour ago, Inception said:

211057895_167249882131651_6324601769082421225_n.jpg

Damn! Those are some rusty's!   

WOW!!!   :laugh:

5 hours ago, Haycreekrambler said:

I stuff them between my tubes and the front of my bag. Honestly its a pain in the *ss. On a side note, I started fishing riggies alot again. Tried out the paintball mag to hold the riggies and that would work great for 9" sluggo's too.

I like the idea.  I looked but paint ball mags that I see aren't Ling enough for 9 inch sluggos.  Where did you find these?

I don't over stuff every inch of my bag with plugs, i only bring what I'm gonna use so i have room in front of my tubes, I have several in a 6 mil storage bag for easy access, the back up stuff goes into a pouch on the back of the belt....

Posted (edited) · Report post

Large rigged rubber jigs are a PITA to carry.

my plug bag looks like I have an octopus trying to escape.

I have been using a Gear Up eel bag lately, but it too turns into a mess. The kids pencil box sounds like a better idea 

Edited by Jason B