Good2Go

CCW Plug Giveaway

Rate this topic

154 posts in this topic

Long time lurker, first time poster so I’m not going to enter here, but incredible offer! I bought a jetty swimmer  from Bill shortly before he passed. Def have an elevated heart rate every time I cast, but I’m a fisherman, not a collector (not that there is anything wrong with that), so still let ‘er rip. He made a hell of a plug!

good luck to all! 

On 7/9/2021 at 4:56 PM, Good2Go said:

IMG_4627.jpeg.5e5400e417fbe70d1d11ad7379816039.jpegHi guys. And gals. Was looking thru my plug collection today and putting caps on the hooks to prevent storage marks, you know? And I realized I'll never throw all the plugs I've bought. Never. And neither my kids nor my wife are as rabid as I am about fishing. So want to start listing them, so they'll get used or displayed rather than sitting in a box in my attic. Stay tuned. 

I thought I could use some good karma for when I do list them so I want to give away a plug made by a man who in my opinion, made the finest finished plugs I've ever seen. It drew me to his plugs whenever they were offered as part of a collection. Maybe that's why I have so many plugs! Anyway, I understand Bill Couch, who made CCW plugs, recently passed away. Now people are realizing, sheet, I shudda/oughta have bought more of his plugs while I could! I never had the pleasure of meeting the man, but hear he was an avid fisherman. He made awesome plugs for the average Joe, and his prices were very reasonable. So I have a new, unrigged, darter up for grabs. Just 2 requirements. 

Respond with "Tight lines, Bill!" And next time you're on the water, offer a prayer or a thought to the man and his legacy. I hear his son may take over the business, I hope he does. I'll pick the winner with random number generator next Wed. Good luck! G2G

Tight lines, Bill!   I have a few of his plugs and every time I throw them I look up and have some words with Bill. He was a great guy to deal with and always quick to respond!  He’s missed!  Acsurf