Inshore

NEW St Croix Seage Surf Rod

Rate this topic

105 posts in this topic

Email I received from tackled

The 90MLMF2 and 106MLMF2 Seage are 50/50 split. All of the other 2 piece rods in the series are 70/30.  Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

1 hour ago, Seabassplug said:

Email I received from tackled

The 90MLMF2 and 106MLMF2 Seage are 50/50 split. All of the other 2 piece rods in the series are 70/30.  Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Really? I thought I saw something about several of the rods being 60/40?

Guess that was wishful thinking? 

8 hours ago, Saltfruit said:

Really? I thought I saw something about several of the rods being 60/40?

Guess that was wishful thinking? 

Yes i agree it does sounds odd, we will see if they were right soon enough!

8 mins ago, Seabassplug said:

Yes i agree it does sounds odd, we will see if they were right soon enough!

Right right.

Holding out hope.

God 70/30 was a curse on the fishing world.

There is no way in anyway is this rod a mojo renamed. I caught so many nice bass with the 9’. It worked great with poppers, Metal lips and sp’s. I haven’t figured out the sweet spot yet but everything I through was awesome. It felt like a one piece rod. 

Edited by Steve_M
Spelling

2 hours ago, Steve_M said:

There is no way in anyway is this rod a mojo renamed. I caught so many nice bass with the 9’. It worked great with poppers, Metal lips and sp’s. I haven’t figured out the sweet spot yet but everything I first was awesome. I felt like a one piece rod

you got the 1-4 oz model?

Why dont you guys just reach out to Matt Broderick, he is basically the rod tester for st croix. And is the managing editor for the fisherman magazine, long island edition.

21 mins ago, Batman67 said:

Why dont you guys just reach out to Matt Broderick, he is basically the rod tester for st croix. And is the managing editor for the fisherman magazine, long island edition.

Because he’ll just tell us what we want to hear and how we should only buy a st croix

11 mins ago, F1SH said:

Because he’ll just tell us what we want to hear and how we should only buy a st croix

Not true at all, he is a personal friend. He will answer your questions honestly..

On 7/9/2021 at 11:14 AM, Haycreekrambler said:

I'd be interested. If the 9' rods are 50/50 split, that would be a deal breaker for me. From the way I read the specs they are. Who is begging for 50/50 split rods? That's what I wanna know.

Lots of people with small cars, people with small apartments. 
I sold my one piece rods years ago my reason was that unfortunately this sport has now been invaded by people with maybe not so good ethics and leaving rods on top of cars over night or while having dinner might not be good idea in some areas. I think inside is better. I can fit an eight footer in my Outback not so much in my other car.

55 mins ago, NorShore Fishing said:

How does it throw at the lower end, say with 3/4 oz bucktails and swim shads?

My rod is 1-4oz. It throws the 1 oz bucktails but if I was going to throw all the time I would get a lighter rod. It just feels over gunned. No problem with sp minnows. Gibbs poppers worked great and so did many metal lips. 2.5 to 3.5oz. We had a good week of nice size fish and the feel and backbone of this rod was incredible. I got to put it through the test. It handle like rods that cost much more. And I do have them. I have a bad back and the rod takes the pain for me. Lol. That’s probably why I like it so much.

Edited by Steve_M

4 mins ago, Steve_M said:

My rod is 1-4oz. It throws the 1 oz bucktails but if I was going to throw all the time I would get a lighter rod. It just feels over gunned. No problem with sp minnows. Gibbs poppers worked great and so did many metal lips. 2.5 to 3.5oz. We had a good week of nice size fish and the feel and backbone of this rod was incredible. I got to put it through the test. It handle like rods that cost much more. And I do have them. I have a bad back and the rod takes the pain for me. Lol. That’s probably why I like it so much.

Thx for the info.  I hear you with the bad back...for me its the shoulder and wrist so I'm trying to go as light as possible.  I actually just ordered the carbon surf which weighs just about the same as the Seage...the lami website was having a 20% off sale.  It's rated 3/4 to 3 so all though I've been a st croix guy for a while I think I made the right choice overall with the lami.