Inshore

NEW St Croix Seage Surf Rod

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2021 at 10:32 PM, af15e said:

...and while I'm not catching fish, I can ponder the wonder and complexity which is the phonetical monstrosity of that name. Ty marketing department. 

((Sidenote: Someone mentioned different tops for the same butt; what's the best way to get an "alternative/secondary" top for your rod, special order from the company?))

The name sounds like it should be a penn spinning reel.

Posted (edited) · Report post

11 hours ago, ORourke said:

The name sounds like it should be a penn spinning reel.

You are so right but it would be spelled 'siege' haha 

Edited by TheSuperApe

On 7/10/2021 at 7:50 PM, mport said:

Never heard of them. When one breaks would a shop have a replacement guide? They use Fuji on their higher end rods for a reason. Warranty is the big selling point without it I don’t see much value in the specs. 

Who cares when you can just call up st croix and have a whole new top section sent to you. Thats the point of the warranty 

On 7/15/2021 at 2:36 AM, Mlima5 said:

Who cares when you can just call up st croix and have a whole new top section sent to you. Thats the point of the warranty 

How about time lost without the rod? Currently if you have a warranty claim you are going to wait awhile for a replacement. Stock is way down and it may take the rest of the season until you get a replacement. Also if I’m 2-3 miles from my car I’m going to be pissed to walk back to my car.