Inshore

NEW St Croix Seage Surf Rod

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, RockRonin said:

What wrong with that though. I like my 10'6 Mojo. I have both tops for it and if I didn't just score a Legend, it would still be my everyday rod. An improved Mojo is fine with me. If they make a 9' 70/30 split I'm getting one.

:agree:

...and while I'm not catching fish, I can ponder the wonder and complexity which is the phonetical monstrosity of that name. Ty marketing department. 

((Sidenote: Someone mentioned different tops for the same butt; what's the best way to get an "alternative/secondary" top for your rod, special order from the company?))

9 hours ago, af15e said:

((Sidenote: Someone mentioned different tops for the same butt; what's the best way to get an "alternative/secondary" top for your rod, special order from the company?))

You used to be able to buy top sections from St. Croix. I don't know if you are still able to

13 hours ago, Chrishockey said:

No Fuji components ?? Hmm

Seaguide has proven to make excellent components 

8 hours ago, mport said:

Sea Guide components? Made in Mexico? Blah. 

What's wrong with Seaguide? Besides not being spelled fuji? 

On 7/9/2021 at 11:14 AM, Haycreekrambler said:

I'd be interested. If the 9' rods are 50/50 split, that would be a deal breaker for me. From the way I read the specs they are. Who is begging for 50/50 split rods? That's what I wanna know.

Those that have limited space for travel. 70/30 doesn't travel as well as 50/50. I'd take a 1 piece over a 70/30 too but again, that is even worse for fitting in sedans.

14 hours ago, af15e said:

...and while I'm not catching fish, I can ponder the wonder and complexity which is the phonetical monstrosity of that name. Ty marketing department. 

Just call and ask. Don't say "I have X, but I want Y...", just call and say "I need Y, can you please send one." That all there is to it. They charge your cc and if it's in stock, you'll have it in a few days. St. Croix has some of the best customer service in the industry. Fact

18 hours ago, albacized said:

I see what you mean - if that's true, then the smallest '2 pc' rods would be the 9 and 10 foot rods. However, my prior post was based on this excerpt:

” Teach says. “Our new 7’ medium-light and medium power rods and 8’ medium power model deliver those requested light-lure-weight blanks so anglers can match rods to the conditions and the predominant species. These smaller two-piece models also give anglers the 50/50 splits they requested,” Teach adds.

But with that said, the actual spec chart indicates what you are saying is true

Yes that is confusing. We will see in time i suppose. Im interested in the 8' if one piece. 

19 hours ago, olvart said:

You do know that Rod Geeks and St Croix are the same company?

Yes I do, that’s where you have to go to get the blanks.

11 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Seaguide has proven to make excellent components 

Never heard of them. When one breaks would a shop have a replacement guide? They use Fuji on their higher end rods for a reason. Warranty is the big selling point without it I don’t see much value in the specs. 

8 hours ago, RockRonin said:

Just call and ask. Don't say "I have X, but I want Y...", just call and say "I need Y, can you please send one." That all there is to it. They charge your cc and if it's in stock, you'll have it in a few days. St. Croix has some of the best customer service in the industry. Fact

Is St Croix the only manufacturer that does this? (presuming not)

Is there a simple way to know what butts and tips can be combined when looking at a rod series. 

Seems like an easy way to cover multiple use cases.

Posted (edited) · Report post

20 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

What's wrong with Seaguide? Besides not being spelled fuji? 

Agree. I've been playing with their XQG One Guide series (as used on these rods) and they are very nice.

Reel seats are nicely made too.

Screenshot 2021-07-11 at 10-51-39 SEAGUIDE Double-foot Guide XQG.png

Edited by ZAFisher