BG_NJ

Gomexus Baitcaster Handle Feedback

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Searched around for some info on Gomexus replacement handles for baitcasters. Seems like most Gomexus threads are about knobs/spinning reels.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with their double paddle offerings. I have a few JDM Shimano Bantam and Metanium MGL's, and the stock handles in Japan are a bit short/small for my all American sausage fingers. They come with 84mm handles and sweet spot for me is 96-105mm. The paddles/knobs are also generally smaller for most JDM reels. Looks like pretty much any Gomexus 7x4 double paddle handle should be a direct fit for most Shimano low profiles, so a good amount of options out there on the bay.

Appreciate any feedback on the items I've screenshot below. A bit weary about the potential quality gap feeling hand with putting a $28.95 after market handle on a $420 MSRP reel, but have heard good things about Gomexus.

Side note: The $29 and $39 options in the pics both say they are compatible with the same list of Shimano baitcasters. I find this odd as I had always thought low profiles require either a swept or straight handle based on the design of the drag star, but maybe I was wrong in thinking this.

Gomexus_1.png

Gomexus_2.png

Gomexus_3.png

Gomexus_4.png

Posted (edited)

Friends have used them and are happy.

Fit and finish was spot on.

They upgraded the knobs to TPE

Gomexus double paddle - Tranx & Curado.jpeg

Edited by ZAFisher

I don’t like the small paddle handles on my older Citica’s and Bantam Curados either. Your post on paddle handles made me look, Gomexus also makes power handles. Got this handle on the BST, it’s from a larger Shimano, and it makes a big difference.

DA6B070D-5AED-41DA-BC06-B85DCE897CD0.png

8 hours ago, ZAFisher said:

Friends have used them and are happy.

Fit and fisnish was spot on.

They upgraded the knobs to TPE

Gomexus double paddle - Tranx & Curado.jpeg

White knobs on the Tranx looks sharp. 

I've  bought Gomexus handles and knobs. Not the double paddle, but the single knob for round reels. Decent stuff for the cost:howdy: