Sandflee

Demo Closed

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

wasn't sure if they did it for the 4th or they closed the whole beach (no access by RM2) plover sign up

A: The Plovers have an amazing ability to have chicks and close down the beach just before the holiday

or

B: The NYS parks don't want the hassle of patrolling a beach on a holiday weekend, so they close it and put up Plover signs 

B. 

Can you blame them?  The way people behave these days I’d say shut that sh*t for good and let nature have a break. 

Whenever I see nature smoking a cigarette and having a cup of coffee, I leave it alone.

Yes it sucks and it happens every year! You would think by now these highly paid bird enviromentalist would move them to WE2, set traps catch them and transport them elswhere. I was in the back of Demo last week on my EBike and one of those little fukkers landed about 10ft away from me! The disgust I felt when I saw that bird was funny...

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 7/6/2021 at 9:03 PM, prican1 said:

Yes it sucks and it happens every year! You would think by now these highly paid bird enviromentalist would move them to WE2, set traps catch them and transport them elswhere. I was in the back of Demo last week on my EBike and one of those little fukkers landed about 10ft away from me! The disgust I felt when I saw that bird was funny...

Are you able to get from Field 2 to Demo and back with your E-Bike? Was thinking of pulling the plug on one so I don't have to keep hitchhiking on my buddy's truck. I swear I saw someone do that one night but wasn't sure.

The manufacturers claim a 40-mile range but I've heard from some people that they burn through the battery riding in soft sand after one mile. Don't want to be the idiot walking his bike back if I parked at Field 2 and rode out to demo.

Edited by Inception

You are delusional if you think an E-bike is going to get you there and back without walking.

I have a 250cc dirt bike that wouldn't make that ride, let alone some electric motor (especially the cute little one's that fold up in your trunk ).

Waste of $$$

22 hours ago, Inception said:

Are you able to get from Field 2 to Demo and back with your E-Bike? Was thinking of pulling the plug on one so I don't have to keep hitchhiking on my buddy's truck. I swear I saw someone do that one night but wasn't sure.

The manufacturers claim a 40-mile range but I've heard from some people that they burn through the battery riding in soft sand after one mile. Don't want to be the idiot walking his bike back if I parked at Field 2 and rode out to demo.

WE 2 should be made into a drive on beach..At least up until Memorial Day..then after Labor Day. Why is it so complicated for it to be done?