Salty Veins

Black Hole Challenger C761MHS

19 posts in this topic

Listing for a friend - Black Hole Challenger C761MHS — acid wrapped, great bait rod for stripers and eels. 9/10 condition no major scratches etc. $200 picked up, Upper Cape or Sagamore area.

IMG_3150.jpeg

IMG_3153.jpeg

IMG_3154.jpeg

IMG_3151.jpeg

IMG_3152.jpeg

3 hours ago, Salty Veins said:

Listing for a friend - Black Hole Challenger C761MHS — acid wrapped, great bait rod for stripers and eels. 9/10 condition no major scratches etc. $200 picked up, Upper Cape or Sagamore area.

IMG_3150.jpeg

IMG_3153.jpeg

IMG_3154.jpeg

IMG_3151.jpeg

IMG_3152.jpeg

I will take this and could meet up at Sagamore bridge Friday probably. 

One question. Can you shoot a pic of the butt looking towards the tip. I want to make sure it is spiral wrapped for a right hand retrieve reel (I.e. - first guide rotating mid way is heading towards left of blank looking towards tip)

3 hours ago, Maine Guide said:

I will take this and could meet up at Sagamore bridge Friday probably. 

One question. Can you shoot a pic of the butt looking towards the tip. I want to make sure it is spiral wrapped for a right hand retrieve reel (I.e. - first guide rotating mid way is heading towards left of blank looking towards tip)

He'll check it out when he gets home. Pretty sure it doesn't make much of a difference which direction it spirals but that's a debated topic I'm sure. I've built rods that spiral right for right hand retrieve reels with no issues.

13 mins ago, Salty Veins said:

He'll check it out when he gets home. Pretty sure it doesn't make much of a difference which direction it spirals but that's a debated topic I'm sure. I've built rods that spiral right for right hand retrieve reels with no issues.

I never thought much of it, but Black Hole specifically notes it on their rods when I ordered through JignPop  I just picked up the 701l. 

15 hours ago, Maine Guide said:

I never thought much of it, but Black Hole specifically notes it on their rods when I ordered through JignPop  I just picked up the 701l. 

It spirals the other way. Let me know if you still want it otherwise it will go to bjelley.

64732343675__C4223AD9-1565-4DAE-AAA2-8C360277E839.jpeg

12 hours ago, Salty Veins said:

It spirals the other way. Let me know if you still want it otherwise it will go to bjelley.

64732343675__C4223AD9-1565-4DAE-AAA2-8C360277E839.jpeg

Thank you for tracking down the pic. I will defer to bjelly.