Rod repair - Cape Cod

Rate this topic

chisler

Got my rod back from Bob (the shadow) today and it came out great.  I'm super happy with new cork wrapped on.  Everything looks perfect. Can't wait to fish it!

I much prefer the cork wrap over the newer x pattern shrink wrap treatment as on my AWE.  I need to do something about that grip in the future.  Thanks again Bob!

On 7/11/2021 at 5:42 PM, chisler said:

Got my rod back from Bob (the shadow) today and it came out great.  I'm super happy with new cork wrapped on.  Everything looks perfect. Can't wait to fish it!

I much prefer the cork wrap over the newer x pattern shrink wrap treatment as on my AWE.  I need to do something about that grip in the future.  Thanks again Bob!

You are very welcome.The original cork tape was only bonded to the blank in spots along the wrap.I'm surprised it held out as long as it did.It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay on the "sand bar".Hopefully you catch up a few with the rod and hit some of the places I told you to explore.Always give me a shout if you return at a later date and if you have any issue with the rod.

Now back to tying flies:laugh:

Edited by theshadow