Captain Ahab

Where to eat Point Pleasant?

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

I have been there 100s of times but always at night to fish.  Going there for a few days for a little vacation.  Where are some good places to eat?  

1 hour ago, Captain Ahab said:

I have been there 100s of times but always at night to fish.  Going there for a few days for a little vacation.  Where are some good places to eat?  

Frankies is the first place that comes to mind.  The Ark, The Offshore, Wharfside, Shore Fresh.  Many more to choose from.  It's been a while since I have been to any of the places I have listed so I can't say what their current state is.  I've had great meals at all of them over the years.

Depends on your budget

shore fresh is a local seafood joint, foods good and reasonably priced. You can’t wrong with shore fresh or point lobster

want a white table cloth? Poached pear is real good

2 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

I looked at that.  Thanks will try

You'll be happy with that choice.  I was going to also suggest Frankie's. 

Top This is ok.  IMOP its fun to hit these small donut shops that have the fun creations but Top This is kind like others you've been too. 

Leones is top notch but I've only ever gotten prepared stuff to take home.  The line outside the place on Christmas Eve usually begins predawn and one of the local news stations is there to do a story. 

Broadway has my favorite wings, they fry/sauce/grill , also the rest of the menu is good too. If I do a fishing trip in the area I always order a few orders and bring them home. 

Frankies is really good too.

Been to the Offshore several times(my wife’s favorite spot) and never disappointed

49 mins ago, Local24 SSP said:

Spanos, shore fresh and prime 13 are my 3 favorites 

You sure can eat

16 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

Poached Pear looks good. 

How is the Top This Doughnuts?

Also Leones?  Menu looks great

Joe Leones is a take out Italian specialty store, home made meals to go also, best bread south of Hoboken, try the long seeded Semolina with a bowl of pasta. As for restaurants, Prime 13 is an overpriced steak house, good food but Luger type pricing. Spanos on Arnold is very good, large portions apps not needed, BYOB which saves a bundle. Poached Pear if your feeling  snooty. Shore Fresh for seafood excpet its paper plates and plastic forks, knives and cups, mostly outside picnic tables. For a more formal seafood experience, Shrmp Box, Reds Lobsters or Daniels Bistro, all good. Burgers and pub food, The Ark, Frankies or Broadway Bar and Grill, all about equal which is good. For pizza, Rosies, excpet its only open a few days and you need to order early in order to be included (take out only). Luigi's is also a front runner, you can order a XL pizza (square) 1/4 meatball, 1/4 sausage, and 1/2 plain and it will feed 6, get 2 orders of Zeppole with tit and you'll be a hero. If you never had Zeppole, trust me, its fried dough with powdered sugar, maybe as good as it gets anywhere for anything. 

Now, if you want a top notch seafood place, you need to go to the next town over, Brielle, The Shipwreck, everything is top shelf, reservations a must.  You want a cheesesteak or meatball parm sub, Pats on Rt.88, best cheesesteaks , peppers, mushrooms and onions works best.