fishweewee

Holosun is made in china

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/u-s-weapons-maker-seeks-ban-on-chinese-competitor-s-sights

U.S. Weapons Maker Seeks Ban on Chinese Competitor’s Sights

CHARLIE MCGEE

August 05 2020, 8:25 PM

Updated: August 06 2020, 12:47 AM

(Bloomberg) -- A Michigan weapons maker is seeking to halt imports of what it says are cheap Chinese knockoffs of its battery-powered pistol sights.

Trijicon Inc. filed a patent complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission on July 29, saying that Holosun Technologies Inc., of Los Angeles County, is working with a manufacturer in China to sell “red dot” sights that replicate features on which Trijicon has held a patent since 2013.

While the Trump administration has made intellectual property protection a key plank of its policy towards China, patent cases such as Trijicon’s are subject to detailed legal procedures. Ben Langlotz, a gun patent attorney with Langlotz Patent & Trademark Works LLC not working on the case, said there are multiple patents on red-dot sights, spanning a variety of characteristics.

Trijicon claims its sights have housing with increased durability and easier use. The technology is used in Trijicon’s Specialized Reflex Optic, which has a recommended retail price of $749. The most expensive Holosun sight referenced in the complaint goes for about $471, its website shows.

Trijicon, whose biggest source of revenue last year was from federal law enforcement agencies, said in its complaint said that its sights are used by hunters in competitions and for target shooting. The market for guns and related products has boomed amid rising social unrest in the U.S. this year.

Trijicon also filed a mirror suit in federal court in California, but that’s likely to be on hold until the ITC case is done. Agency investigations typically take 15-18 months, while a typical patent case in district court lasts two to five years.

Trijicon declined to comment, as did a representative from Holosun.

The ITC case is In the Matter of Certain Red Dot Sights and Components Thereof, 337-3477, U.S. International Trade Commission (Washington). The district court case is Trijicon Inc. vs. Holosun Technologies Inc., 20-6742, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (Los Angeles)

Majority of times it's all I can budget for. 

:violin:Sorry Trijicon. Come out with an old tech budget line and maybe we can talk.  

My "good rds" is a Aimpoint M2L.   The rest are TRS25 or just irons.  

4 hours ago, Sandbar1 said:

Trijicon, Aimpoint, Eotec, Vortex Sig makes some nice optics too. There's no need to trust your life to inferior equipment.

Actually, the reviews of the holosuns are generally positive 

They seem to be very durable 

However, they are chinesium 

And if it's made with technology copied from others

It's best to avoid

china is our enemy and the CCP has recently said so

don't forget we've fought two cold wars with them (Korea, Vietnam)

the virus they have unleashed has killed more Americans than all our war dead combined

4 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

Majority of times it's all I can budget for. 

:violin:Sorry Trijicon. Come out with an old tech budget line and maybe we can talk.  

My "good rds" is a Aimpoint M2L.   The rest are TRS25 or just irons.  

Given the choice between iron sights and chinesium - I will just shoot iron sights.

At least your Aimpoint is made by a nominal ally of the United States.

9 mins ago, PSegnatelli said:

Soooo 98% of everything else we use is ok but not gunstuff. :worms:

I don't see where anyone here advocated that, but your point is well taken.   I will NOT buy Chinese gun stuff.  I TRY not to buy Chinese anything, but that is hard - especially when most times you don't know.  

2 hours ago, fishweewee said:

Actually, the reviews of the holosuns are generally positive 

They seem to be very durable 

However, they are chinesium 

And if it's made with technology copied from others

It's best to avoid

china is our enemy and the CCP has recently said so

don't forget we've fought two cold wars with them (Korea, Vietnam)

the virus they have unleashed has killed more Americans than all our war dead combined

Generally positive is good, battle proven is much much better. Do you know if holosun has any actual history down range?

In the end Chinesium = inferior product in my book.

49 mins ago, fishweewee said:

yeah

especially our gun stuff

So if ya got any Norinco or PolyTech stuff lyin around. I'll take the dirty commie stuff off your hands. 

2 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

So if ya got any Norinco or PolyTech stuff lyin around. I'll take the dirty commie stuff off your hands. 

legally or otherwise?  :laugh: 

Norinco and PolyTech 7.62 x 39 is banned by name in you-know-where.  ;)