Cubalaya reel

Rate this topic

Shakeyfly

24 mins ago, formula1 said:

Wait, what?!?!  HillTop is the manufacturer for Valentine reels???  If so, that is so cool!

They are sweet but an anti reverse reel is literally the polar opposite type of reel than a click and pawl. 

1 hour ago, hipkvw said:

They are sweet but an anti reverse reel is literally the polar opposite type of reel than a click and pawl. 

Except for small trout I'm not into click pawl reels...I just think it's cool that there's someone on these forums that makes a well known reel. Only other person here who does is Bob from Colton reels. 

15 hours ago, hipkvw said:

Actually  comment above,  " anti reverse reel is literally the polar opposite type of reel than a click and pawl. "     That statement is not completely correct for ALL anti-reverse reels.  Yes, most other anti-reverse reels are infact as you describe above but the Valentine Reel is a multipler reel, anti-reverse, but is a positive drive mechanism but different as it has a "click drive",  (incoming line),  and a pawl drive drag on the outgoing line.     Details can be explained to Bear's Den shop, ( ie: Scott owner,  or Josh who is #1 guy at Bear's Den).

Currently have aphasia.    Aphasia is a result of my head stroke causing a bleed.   Happened in my Maine vacation in July (2021).   Lucky me less than 1% of people get stroke aphasia.  :(      I'm making project but have been told this is easily 5 months to 1 year for this to improve.   Until then hope you don't mind making sense with what I text.   HT

14 mins ago, HillTop said:

Actually  comment above,  " anti reverse reel is literally the polar opposite type of reel than a click and pawl. "     That statement is not completely correct for ALL anti-reverse reels.  Yes, most other anti-reverse reels are infact as you describe above but the Valentine Reel is a multipler reel, anti-reverse, but is a positive drive mechanism but different as it has a "click drive",  (incoming line),  and a pawl drive drag on the outgoing line.     Details can be explained to Bear's Den shop, ( ie: Scott owner,  or Josh who is #1 guy at Bear's Den).

are you saying that a multiplier reel with anti-reverse mechanism is practically a click and pawl? I'm really lost on this comment. Other than the clicker resistance to prevent overrun of the line, there really is no drag and the real retrieve itself is direct to the line and 1:1?  I could be mistaken but I'm a little lost on how the Valentine reels are similar to Click and Pawl? 

28 mins ago, HillTop said:

Thanks for the clarification. They are really cool reels. I was referring to fighting a fish. One had anti-reverse on top of a drag and one is all human interaction to apply drag and get a fish in.  

Thanks for the clarification. They are really cool reels. I was referring to fighting a fish. One had anti-reverse on top of a drag and one is all human interaction to apply drag and get a fish in.

Edited by hipkvw