Mosquito Report

Rate this topic

joetackle

On 7/2/2021 at 10:00 AM, GarbageFish said:

NY its bad, large green flies have not shown up yet.

Had one walking around on my boat's windshield on Friday,.  State Channel off Babylon.

"I have always believed that outdoor writers who come out against fish and wildlife conservation are in the wrong business. To me, it makes as much sense golf writers coming out against grass.."  --  Ted Williams

On 7/2/2021 at 9:50 AM, 55555s said:

I saw 3 mosquitos last week, they looked pretty aggressive.  One was buzzing a little too close for comfort too.  

Best of luck to you and yours.

Stay safe out there

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2021 at 9:51 PM, Avataq said:

They were a mild-moderate nuisance along the marshes in Chincoteague, VA this weekend (dawn / dusk esp.), but there were none on the beach or in town.

I spent a week at Chincoteague , fishing Assateague also. You right about the Chincoteague buzzards, But the flies were not bad at all last week.

Capt, Frank Mundus. The man, the myth, the legand.

Mosquitos in my area of South Jersey today are bad, that rain didn’t help. Saw the county going around spraying today.  Green heads are awful today too. Took my dog to the beach. Soon as we got to the sand she did her business and nearly ripped the leash from my hands high tailing it back to the truck. Damn green heads made the poor dog bleed. 

“I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.”