UncleJohn

July 2021 Fishing reports

Rate this topic

500 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, joefishnj21 said:

Best catch ever boys! Finally. Hope you all have a great 4th. Wife and our baby are well. 

muldVxUa-18301659.jpeg

Joe -  finally congrats!   Now get ready for the fall run

On 7/1/2021 at 3:44 PM, Eeeeels said:

So I am on the jetty and two divers just decide it’s ok to just spear fish right in front of me. I’m supposed to be cool with this?

Frigging bulls$&t man

Back in the day it’s a different game

Eeeeels

812ACC3B-AA2D-4E2F-91B2-CE0EFF615E9C.jpeg

Remember Crocodile Dundee's style of fishing

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 hours ago, joefishnj21 said:

Best catch ever boys! Finally. Hope you all have a great 4th. Wife and our baby are well. 

muldVxUa-18301659.jpeg

Congrats Dad. Boy I believe from hat color? Whoops  Didn't see the prior post. 

Good Luck, they grow up fast.

Edited by Blackheart16

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 hours ago, adams54 said:

Here's a friendly PSA for everyone since we're on topic. If you're in the town of manasquan and theres a spear"fisherman" they are ONLY allowed to be in the water from 5:30pm to 830 am. So in other words 830am-530pm they are not permitted to do their buisness.  Found that out once when one spearo called the cops on another spearo because they almost got into a fight while in the water. :eek:

Once the cops showed they diffused this tense situation. They dropped that bit of info and called back to HQ and verified. Then they walked around and asked everyone to leave the water. 

I'm not saying call the cops but if one of those guys is being a real jerk it might be that they are not lawfully permitted to be there in the first place.

I’ve only spearfished for tog a couple dozen times at most. But that is one ridiculous law if true. 

Edited by Local24 SSP

6 mins ago, Local24 SSP said:

I’ve only spearfished for tog a couple dozen times at most. But that is one ridiculous law if true. 

I agree. Hard to believe right? But I kid you not and heard it first hand. Its possible the leo was wrong but he called it in to have it verified. Same town I had to take down my little sun umbrella beach tent we would use to shelter the baby from the sun. Wasnt happy about that but what can you do?

Out front in moco this morning for high tide to outgoing from about 330am to 630am.  Overcast with light drizzle on and off.  NNE wind was blowing hard before sunrise and tapered off a little after daybreak.

The water looked really good. Plenty of white water and good chop. There was a pretty good sweep from north to south and there was some cabbage in the surf, but it wasn't too bad.

The conditions kicked my butt. I went out there thinking I could throw the normal plugs I've done well with this season, but none of them stood a chance in the wind, surf, and sweep......i haven't packed bucktails over 1oz in a while, but 1.5 and 2oz ones could have come in handy and may have helped me prevent the skunk.....lesson learned.  

11 hours ago, Blackheart16 said:

Remember Crocodile Dundee's style of fishing

Can’t touch them. In fact if your fishing and they come in front of you, you have to stop fishing. Give them like 15 feet or so.

Thing is, there are some slobs around during the daylight too. 

Eeeeels……….

23 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

FYI.....fella boated a 62.5 lb'er outside RB ..also LBI confirmed surf temp. ranging from  54 to 60 degrees with a south wind....Burrrr.

62.5lb'er.jpg

Anyone have any more details on this fish, like what he got him on? And this was outside- as in the ocean? 

Thanks 

Mr Belmar 

Surf was rolling this morning with a more north then NE wind.  Water was warm and a bit churned up too.  Not a great day to fish the bugs so stayed with the swimmer most of the morning.  Managed to find three and get a couple of other bumps.  May try to give it another look this evening.

DSCF3513.JPG

DSCF3515.JPG

18 hours ago, adoboboy said:

So it never ends? By then it will really be $5 a bug. Oh well. 

Inflation and carrying charges. :cool:

MoCo at sunrise. Middle of outgoing, steady NE wind. Nice warm, white water but a bit stained. Broke the skunk streak but worked hard for 1 at 27” on bugs. Had some pulls that felt like fluke or kingfish. Back at it tomorrow.

went out front looking for some fluke and for something to do this afternoon- NE wind, not to bad- waves were crashing high up the beach line with incoming high tide- water looked clear enough but no takers.