July 2021 Fishing reports

Rate this topic

UncleJohn

Fished O C early morning, started out slow and saw a few Spanish macs, out of casting distance.  Small blues showed up, small fluke and of course cow nose rays were flying by.  About 9 am the beach got crowded and my time was up !   Maybe later again today or back at it Tuesday.  Good luck!!

Took off work and took the skiff out back in south jersey. Wanted to go for sheepshead and even got the bait but never made the switch. The fluke bite was good. Ended up with 10 shorts and a weakfish that's still swimming. Ain't caught a weakfish in many years.

I actually had a very nice keeper lost at the boat. I put the rod down to rig up one for blues that were busting. Soon as I put the rod down it got smacked. I picked it up and did what I could but the hookset wasn't great. The weakfish came right after. I'd rather a fluke on the dinner table but catching a weakie was cool. Missed a bunch of other shorts. Was throwing the big boy gulp and losing parts of the tail. Few fluke in the 16-17" range. Solid day. Trolling motor was hands down amazing today. Drift was ripping 2.5 mph. Slowed her down and got it done. Great tool to have.

Edited by hurricane1091

...anyone hear of this.

missingmen.1.jpg

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

If anyone wants a ton of sand fleas in GloCo let me know. Hate to have them go to waste but never even touched them.

Hope the boaters are found safe too. The marine forecast was pretty good but the wind was against the tide and it was really choppy in the bay. So much so that I moved further to the back.

4 hours ago, For His Honor said:

A decent morning. 2 Stripes 1 was around 8lbs. And a number of blues; various sizes. Fished a little with MC 55. Always a pleasure!! Good seeing you Mike!!

Blessings!

IMG_0448.jpeg

Pleasure fishing with you too.  The blue fish activity made for a fun morning.

Hit a SoMoCo beach with my buddy John this AM.  Great looking water, a bit stained and mostly clean.  Several bait pods way out of range with an occasional fish breaking, maybe Spanish.  Finally broke my striper skunk streak with a 25”(ish) on a 1/4 oz jig and Powerbait 5” jerk shad.  Hit right at the lip near the surface.

Rare fish pic.  Good to feel a solid tug at the end of the line for a change.

C8FB3285-4D6C-4025-9224-D76B7B6F69AB.jpeg

1 hour ago, Loudog said:

Hit a SoMoCo beach with my buddy John this AM.  Great looking water, a bit stained and mostly clean.  Several bait pods way out of range with an occasional fish breaking, maybe Spanish.  Finally broke my striper skunk streak with a 25”(ish) on a 1/4 oz jig and Powerbait 5” jerk shad.  Hit right at the lip near the surface.

Rare fish pic.  Good to feel a solid tug at the end of the line for a change.

C8FB3285-4D6C-4025-9224-D76B7B6F69AB.jpeg

Good morning and glad I was there to rid the skunk and grab a pic for you!

Out front OC this morning.  Missed something 2nd cast on small popper.  No luck for a while, switched to fluking. Had a 1/2 oz bucktail with salmon red 4" gulp grub get sucked up by something big.  Assume it was a ray.  Tightened drag too much, snapped the 10 lb braid.  Uni-uni knot and clinch knot on 20 lb or 15 lb fluoro survived, I assume.

Yesterday was a morning with the blue fish.  Lots of forage around and the blues were happy to feed on it all.  Mixed bag on sizes from a few pounds to about 7 or 8.  Tried the bugs early but with that ocean continuing to be flat, once the blues showed, I stayed with the metal and teaser.  Macs were jumping but couldn't get them to hit.  Still a fun morning just no stripes for me.  Today was all rather quiet in the same area.  Managed one small blue and that was it.  As I was heading out the head boats were just off shore looking like they were jigging blues.  Still way to calm for my liking.

DSCF3559.JPG

• Sudsy locked this topic