UncleJohn

July 2021 Fishing reports

Rate this topic

500 posts in this topic

20 mins ago, fishless said:

Had a window at the top of the tide last night before it got sporty and got the 13 fish I needed to hit 100 tagged summertime bass.  Then pulled 7 more to start a march toward 200.  

Another 20 fish lanced with a medieval torture device! I'm calling PETA. Sea Kitten liberation!

1 hour ago, nam1969 said:

Another 20 fish lanced with a medieval torture device! I'm calling PETA. Sea Kitten liberation!

The torture will continue until morale improves. 

Edited by fishless

Sitting here watching one of the most epic big bass blitzes on adult bunkers I have ever seen about a mile out through the binocs - amazing how they hold together and build without boats around 

7 hours ago, fishless said:

Had a window at the top of the tide last night before it got sporty and got the 13 fish I needed to hit 100 tagged summertime bass.  Then pulled 7 more to start a march toward 200.  

Awesome, congratulations....

7 hours ago, fishless said:

I don’t know where the hell you guys are fishing, but last night out front from 9pm till 1am. got the skunk. Fished sand and jetties. Couple of bumps that’s it. 
Back out tonight 

Eeeeels

1 hour ago, Eeeeels said:

I don’t know where the hell you guys are fishing

I could not agree more.  Northern OC in the surf post the rain storm is stained water, with weeds, and the sweep is strong.  Tried to throw bugs with 2 and 3 oz but could not hold bottom.  Too much drag on the line from the weeds.

Such a different beach than last year when we had blues and fluke stacked up. 

Yeah timing the tides seems to help. I was an hour late last night and that may have cost me. Or the storm with its weed or the wrong spot . I was only 1/2 mile from where I got four hits a few nights prior. 

Edited by jeffapeikin

12 hours ago, fishless said:

Reminds me of the tv commercial for the pa lottery. “Keep on Scratching”!

4 hours ago, Eeeeels said:

I don’t know where the hell you guys are fishing, but last night out front from 9pm till 1am. got the skunk. Fished sand and jetties. Couple of bumps that’s it. 
Back out tonight 

Eeeeels

Last night was a little disappointing. I set me nephew up with bugs and he had some fun with rays a dropped bass and a surprise keeper fluke. I stuck with artificials for no good reason and got nothing. Saw 3 small bass pulled out of 10 guys fishing. 2 on bugs one on soft plastic. Fishless..if that is his real name was probably out back.

20210708_200234.jpg

Took my girls kayaking and paddleboarding out back in SoMoCo from 6-8pm tonight.  Beautiful evening. Had a 5’ ultralight in the car so I put on a 1/16 oz jig head and 3” gulp.  Jumped in the yak for 30 mins and caught 3 short fluke.  Really fun on the light rod.

21 hours ago, fishless said:

You sure the tags didnt just fall out of your pocket?