UncleJohn

July 2021 Fishing reports

Rate this topic

500 posts in this topic

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are...….

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Starting off the month with the skunk.  That water was still icy cold this morning.  I'm glad I brought the waders along.  Moved to an area I haven't fish this year and did find some spots that looked promising, but couldn't get a bump with the bugs or the swimmer.  Will head back to where I was getting fish last week in the morning.  Need a wind shift away from the south.  Nice sunrise this morning to welcome in July..

DSCF3507.JPG

So I am on the jetty and two divers just decide it’s ok to just spear fish right in front of me. I’m supposed to be cool with this?

Frigging bulls$&t man

Back in the day it’s a different game

Eeeeels

812ACC3B-AA2D-4E2F-91B2-CE0EFF615E9C.jpeg

7 mins ago, Eeeeels said:

So I am on the jetty and two divers just decide it’s ok to just spear fish right in front of me. I’m supposed to be cool with this?

Frigging bulls$&t man

Eeeeels

Hook their flag, fukkinhg asshats

The lack of consideration for fishermen is astounding at times, watching as surfers/divers/swimmers/paddleboarders walk right up to where you are, they've been watching you cast for 5 minutes, and they proceed to go park right in that patch of water. Even better is when you give them a "Good Morning" and it is just ignored, and then they mug you. Right or wrong, a lot of times when this happens, I just keep fishing as if they never appeared. I don't want to hook them, but if they choose to sit right where I was already casting, i figure that is their choice.

It is unacceptable to ruin someone else's good time just so you can have your good time.

Posted (edited) · Report post

So, don't ya love it when they have the whole beach to walk on .....and yet have to pass right behind you as your casting....this drives me......Hmmm.....and not to be unfriendly, but I'm not standing there to BS with strangers, answer questions or give fishing lessons.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

14 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

So, don't ya love it when they have the whole beach to walk on .....and yet have to pass right behind you as your casting....this drives me......Hmmm.....and not to be unfriendly, but I'm not standing there to BS with strangers, answer questions or give fishing lessons.

I got so fed up with it I only fish during the late night or wee hours of the morning nowdays. Only way to avoid the crowds, surfers, spearfishermen, etc.

1 hour ago, Eeeeels said:

Frigging bulls$&t man

Eeeeels

Happens all the time, Day and night. Relentless in some places

2 hours ago, Eeeeels said:

Frigging bulls$&t man

Eeeeels

Yeah.. A 3 oz. Sinker strategically tossed....back In the day....

2 hours ago, Eeeeels said:

Frigging bulls$&t man

Eeeeels

Shark! Shark! 

It works on surfers as well.  

Ohhh those surfers... always getting in the way! Lol 

i have had it too- the divers just the other week. 

I guess no ones catching fish? Just catching divers and surfers? 

5 hours ago, MEF said:

I got so fed up with it I only fish during the late night or wee hours of the morning nowdays. Only way to avoid the crowds, surfers, spearfishermen, etc.

Yup

Fish in the daylight? Not a chance

An old friend JT had two sayings for this. If they were on the sand an buggin you it was "duck or bleed". If they were in the water it was "they fight like hell but they taste like $hit" ( right after he put on his biggest swimmer).

We would usually save the 6 oz sinkers for the boats that mugged you.