jeffapeikin

Noisy shimano Stradic fk

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Hi, I just received my shimano Stradic fk 5000 back from reel service from a local tackle store. It had been used a great deal the past two seasons year round and developed a noisy like roller bearing.

the reel makes a noise still after having received it back from service. I’m not sure if they changed out the line roller bearing but they said they did. Also the rel was greased . 

the bearing they replaced it with or something is causing a loud noise like when I dropped the reel off in the first place. The reel is functioning , but the noise is unbearable and makes me not want to fish it. Any thoughts on what may be the reason?

thanks. 

I agree with handi2, it's the bearings...! One way to check if it's the line roller, is remove the spool from reel and crank the reel as if you were retrieving line. If noise goes away, it's the line roller bearing.

Posted (edited) · Report post

lf you paid for a new bearing and reel service it's still making noise have them replace that bearing again, l wouldn't let them get away with the service that you received that is a fix that could be done in 5 mins.

Edited by LB

On 7/1/2021 at 0:30 AM, jeffapeikin said:

Hi, I just received my shimano Stradic fk 5000 back from reel service from a local tackle store. It had been used a great deal the past two seasons year round and developed a noisy like roller bearing.

the reel makes a noise still after having received it back from service. I’m not sure if they changed out the line roller bearing but they said they did. Also the rel was greased . 

the bearing they replaced it with or something is causing a loud noise like when I dropped the reel off in the first place. The reel is functioning , but the noise is unbearable and makes me not want to fish it. Any thoughts on what may be the reason?

thanks. 

take that back and tell him,fix that properly for free or you wonet your money back.

Thanks guys. I also believe it’s the line roller bearing. A couple tackle shops told me to see if it’s just the grease in the bearings and that of noise doesn’t go away bring it back. 

This link shows you how to change the roller set by set.

Edited by TimS
commercial link

I'd just contact Shimano and ask them to supply you with a new line roller. If they won't do it free, just buy it off them.

I bought two from them once. One of them had grease on it, the other not. I put the greased one on my reel. I hope that prevents it crapping out. 

Anyone know how to prevent the crap out?

I am having this problem now and trying to source a replacement bearing... I sent $15 to a guy on eBay but I am still waiting.  If that falls through where are people sourcing these?  The link posted seemed a little sketchy?

Edited by thebigangrybear

11 hours ago, thebigangrybear said:

The link posted seemed a little sketchy?

Hedgehog Studio isn't sketchy. Expensive though.

From what I can see on the * shimano site there is no stock available in the US currently

Edited by TimS
commercial Url

On 7/1/2021 at 4:24 PM, handi2 said:

It’s bearings..!! 

I do hundreds of these reels and it’s always bearings.

The man at the tackle repair said it didn’t feel like a line roller. Sending back to same repairman who sent it back noisy under load. 

If ordering a new line roller do I need to replace the spacer amd line roller plate ? Also, would it be possible that noise is coming from separate bearing from line roller if noise only is present when tension is on line?