Noisy shimano Stradic fk

Rate this topic

Hi, I just received my shimano Stradic fk 5000 back from reel service from a local tackle store. It had been used a great deal the past two seasons year round and developed a noisy like roller bearing.

the reel makes a noise still after having received it back from service. I’m not sure if they changed out the line roller bearing but they said they did. Also the rel was greased . 

the bearing they replaced it with or something is causing a loud noise like when I dropped the reel off in the first place. The reel is functioning , but the noise is unbearable and makes me not want to fish it. Any thoughts on what may be the reason?

thanks. 

lf you paid for a new bearing and reel service it's still making noise have them replace that bearing again, l wouldn't let them get away with the service that you received that is a fix that could be done in 5 mins.

Edited by LB

On 7/1/2021 at 0:30 AM, jeffapeikin said:

Hi, I just received my shimano Stradic fk 5000 back from reel service from a local tackle store. It had been used a great deal the past two seasons year round and developed a noisy like roller bearing.

the reel makes a noise still after having received it back from service. I’m not sure if they changed out the line roller bearing but they said they did. Also the rel was greased . 

the bearing they replaced it with or something is causing a loud noise like when I dropped the reel off in the first place. The reel is functioning , but the noise is unbearable and makes me not want to fish it. Any thoughts on what may be the reason?

thanks. 

take that back and tell him,fix that properly for free or you wonet your money back.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, thebigangrybear said:

The link posted seemed a little sketchy?

Hedgehog Studio isn't sketchy. Expensive though.

From what I can see on the * shimano site there is no stock available in the US currently

Edited by TimS
commercial Url

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2021 at 4:24 PM, handi2 said:

It’s bearings..!! 

I do hundreds of these reels and it’s always bearings.

The man at the tackle repair said it didn’t feel like a line roller. Sending back to same repairman who sent it back noisy under load.