Callmefish

Jones beach/fire island 4th of july closures?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Anyone know if any of the fields are closed this coming weekend?

i think I saw a sign on one but can’t remember what day or what field.

32 mins ago, BeachBum818 said:

WE2 had a sign posted saying it was going to be closed on the 4th. 

where is the loud majority crowd when it comes to these state and county beach closures and reduced access???

ive run through every scenario of stealthy spots to avoid crowds this weekend without taking a bike or walking through swamp

Air show and July 4th WE2 closed...like forever. Always good weekends to clean gear or head elsewhere.  Side note head down the day after the holiday and see how much trash is on the beach. Bring a bulldozer.

19 hours ago, hydraman said:

West end is not the only spot gentlemen. 

Yes it is

Thai is the only spot on whole Long Island and around the hold a big fish.

All fish from Montauk and Jersey shore have moved to West End 2 on Jones beach state park.

49 mins ago, Popasilov said:

Yes it is

Thai is the only spot on whole Long Island and around the hold a big fish.

All fish from Montauk and Jersey shore have moved to West End 2 on Jones beach state park.

No your wrong, they never went to montauk or jersey. They stay there motionless in the water.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Folks- In reality- WE2 sucks. There are much more productive locations on the So. Shore other than WE2. Head a little East- Learn the Robert Moses area. Go further East. Lots of good fishing in Suffolk County. You'll wonder why you even bothered with WE2.

Edited by surfcaster1
spelling

Posted (edited) · Report post

Iv never seen so many new faces down here in 25 years.  Lots of arrogance too....

Its never been worse, it's shallowed up significantly, changing currents have now broadened drastically where fish set up, limited tide windows and boat traffic closer to the rocks have made for difficult fishing.  For me it's the old wife I come home to after 25 years of marriage, an counting....come down, take a walk....if you love a place enough eventually you'll catch a few fish, or learn something about your self.

Edited by DeepBlue85

11 hours ago, surfcaster1 said:

Folks- In reality- WE2 sucks. There are much more productive locations on the So. Shore other than WE2. Head a little East- Learn the Robert Moses area. Go further East. Lots of good fishing in Suffolk County. You'll wonder why you even bothered with WE2.

Because I'm in upper westchester Co and the extra 30 min drive isnt really worth it. I can find the same sized fish with less crowds...